cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my pc compatible / able to run oculus rift?

vipin_swiftfoot
Honored Guest
These are my specs.
Just hoping for some advice before I decide to buy one.
I have no idea if it is able to even be recognized by my system / run on it. 
Any advice would be extremely helpful. 

--CPU: AMD FX-6300 w/ Six cores @ 3.6Ghz
---GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SC w/ 2GB VRAM
---RAM: 8GB Micron DDR3-1600 RAM
---MOBO: Gigabyte AM3+ 95W ATX Motherboard
---Case: MediaPC Horizontal Mid Tower Case
---PSU: Corsair CX500 80+ Bronze Power Supply
---SSD: 120GB Intel 530 Series Solid State Drive
---HDD: 1TB WD Green 7200RPM Hard Drive
3 REPLIES 3

falken76
Expert Consultant
The GPU is pretty weak, it probably won't work very well at all.  I'm not familiar with AMD processors anymore, I stopped using them in the Athlon days, I suspect it is good enough though.  You might want to get 8 more gigs of ram, but it's old so it should be cheap.  I think it'll play most games if you upgrade the GPU and ram.  It might struggle on games like DCS World or Pcars.  Someone that knows about AMD processors should be able to tell you if it's good enough, I think it is but I'm not positive.

Congratulations
Adventurer
Download the Compatibility app from the oculus site and it will tell you if it meets the minimum requirements.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It used to be a case until last November that we could run a hack to allow the installer to complete for systems that were seen as "non-compatible" but now if something is NOT on their compatibility list then they simply BLOCK them under shear arrogance and force sales of new tech even though any such system may run perfectly well and just need some games have slightly lowered graphics. Frankly that choice of playing GOD is mafia-like and it stinks! So even if we do have the newest CPU or GPU out on the market but they haven't added it on their special List then you'd have to wait until it is.
I thought we were using PCs whilst OCULUS think they're like a MAC!