cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to clean things like dust and cat hair from the headset?

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer
Hi all, I was trying to find an answer from this but found nothing thus far. My headset seems to have been growing a problem with it's use. I'm finding there's a lot of allergens in the headset whenever I wear it (my primary suspicion is from my cats), so when I use it, my face and eyes get itchy. Very immersion breaking, obviously.

Now, I looked around, but according to Oculus the only way to clean it is by wiping down the facial interface foam, but I think the problem is in the fabric inside. Is there any way to clean that, and to clean the facial interface foam too?
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?
18 REPLIES 18

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer

kevink808 said:

1. Compressed air before and after every use.
  2. Store HMD using mount/case that shields it in dust-free environment.
  3. Get rid of your filthy cat.  They walk in their own urine and excrement, spreading it around your living quarters. 

Honestly, I wish I could. I didn't have allergies before owning them but I have since developed them (nothing serious or major, mind you). You can't just get rid of pets when you've owned them for 10+ years though, that's just cruel.

vannagirl
Consultant

XlordB said:

Hows your cat liking the vr  🙂 haha!

lmao

this was my question also 😛
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

kevink808
Superstar

kevink808 said:

1. Compressed air before and after every use.
  2. Store HMD using mount/case that shields it in dust-free environment.
  3. Get rid of your filthy cat.  They walk in their own urine and excrement, spreading it around your living quarters. 

You can't just get rid of pets when you've owned them for 10+ years though, that's just cruel.

I prefer the term "liberate".
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

elboffor
Consultant
The average domestic cat has 3 homes.
I'm sure if you stop feeding it, then it's primary residents will just shift to food supplier number 2's house.

As for cleaning though, use an antibacterial spray maybe after vacuuming? I'd cover over the eye patches with some card first.

PS
Cats suck, dogs rule.

PPS
I have a cat n not a dog 😕
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

GenetixStudio
Superstar
This may be a dumb question, but can you really remove the face plate foam from the Rift and re-attach it? I'm to cautious not to break anything I've never tried it.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

elboffor said:

The average domestic cat has 3 homes.

I'm not sure I'd call the bed, the top of the fish tank, and on my chest blocking my view while trying to watch TV homes. 

GenetixStudio said:

This may be a dumb question, but can you really remove the face plate foam from the Rift and re-attach it? I'm to cautious not to break anything I've never tried it.

Yeah, pops right off.  

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer
We...uh...getting more responses anytime soon here guys?

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

We...uh...getting more responses anytime soon here guys?

I'm not sure there's much more helpful to be added.  If you like I can give you more unhelpful responses?

elboffor
Consultant

TwoHedWlf said:
 I can give you more unhelpful responses?

same here.

Example:
https://youtu.be/WEWG6kSYqlY ;
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.