cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with uploading and accessing additional files on Quest

dlugosz95
Honored Guest
Hi,
I'm trying to implement Speech Recognition in my app with CoquiSTT. To work properly, this STT needs model files with .tflite and .scorer extensions. In script, I need to have a string with path to this file. So, I need to include this file in the build for Oculus Quest/Pico Neo, and then I need to know where these files are so I can access them from code.
When I am working in Editor, I just put the files in some folder and access these files with Application.dataPath + <folder I put them> and it's working fine.
But what about builds for gogles? How can I include some files in the .apk in the building process in a known location, so I can access it via code?
I tried putting these files in Streaming Assets folder, and then access them through Application.streamingAssetsPath, but it's working only in Editor, not working in .apk builds uploded on Quest.
I read about Application.persistentDataPath, which is pointing to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/<packagename>/files, but I still don't know how to include this files in build automatically, so I can access it later via code via Application.persistentDataPath.
Also I tried to put these files manually from Windows after connecting goggles to PC, to location \Quest\storage\Android\data\<my_app>\files. It's seems like it's finding these files with Application.persistentDataPath (I created quick console on Canvas for debug reasons, and I'm not getting any errors, and earlier I had FileNotFound errors), but it is smashing my FPSs like hell (something like 1 or even 0.5 frames per second), and I think thats because accessing these files is in non optimized way.
Can you advice me something on these issues?
Or maybe you heard about some other and easier offline speech recognition/speech to text technology, that I can implement on goggles like Quest and Pico? I have limited option, because I need to recognize Polish language, but maybe you can advise me something.
Thanks in advance,
Grzesio

For developers who are trying to implement speech recognition with CoquiSTT in Unity for oculus Quest in the future, I have some links for you:
And this aar package you need to put in the Assets/Plugins/Android/libs path, as it is sad in docs
0 REPLIES 0