cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It says my GPU drivers need an update even though it's up to date? HELP ME

sonnylee2006
Explorer
When I load up the oculus app a red bar appears at the top of the program and says oculus has detected a problem with your graphics drivers. I clicked on it and it says my graphics card drivers need and update. I went on to nvidia experience to look and see if I had to update my drivers but it says I have got the latest drivers installed (GeForce game ready driver 418.91). Oculus said to reinstall the drivers but I did that at least 3 times now and the same error message pops up in the oculus app saying there is a problem detected with your drivers. Can someone please give me a solution to this problem so I can actually play VR again.
22 REPLIES 22

CHAOS_SPYDER
Explorer

SAME EXACT PROBLEM!! WTH? Just updated EVERYTHING. The Oculus PC app is such a headache.  Been doing this for as long as I've had it. 

This is my problem. 3070Ti and it won't let me link my oculus. It has been too long without a fix for this bug. Support more drivers or expect people to leave your company. I am really mad about this. 3k pc cant use oculus link really?

FanC3D
Honored Guest

This is ridiculous. Any app that requires you to flush your drivers and re-install software essential to your original setup needs to think about it's users instead of force-feeding you to think about the app.

I've done everything shown in this thread and I'm still looking at the Windows Oculus App telling me I need to update my drivers. 

Some most needed recommendations:

1) Don't mandate updated display drivers on your PC. - Makes no sense when I'm playing everything on the Oculus exclusively.

2) Allow users to still use the app if the drivers aren't where Oculus needs them. After paying $300+ for this thing, if you're telling me I'm limited until I buy a $300+ graphics card on a PC for a temperamental VR headset I'll only use 10% of the time with the oculus, then you better reevaluate your business model.