cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java API

rupy
Honored Guest
I realize that this might never work because of latency issues, but I know Notch is working on it, so Notch how is it going?
"It's like Homeworld in first person." Disable Aero and vSync for a completely simulator sickness free experience with 2xHz FPS. Keep the config utility open for tracking to work.
14 REPLIES 14

Chamberlain
Honored Guest
If he won't share a JNI Implementation I'll be making one... which probably means it will suck... might not even work, but I'll do it!

mike997
Explorer
Well, displaying the game won't be the problem, the issue will be the input device. I'll have a look at it as well in a month or so when I get my dev kit 🙂

Mike
Game in pre-alpha with support for Oculus Rift DK2 coming in the next patch, State of Fortune

rupy
Honored Guest
Ok, good to hear I'm not the only one who is going to use Java!

Out of curiosity what are your projects about? Edit: loading SoF now...
"It's like Homeworld in first person." Disable Aero and vSync for a completely simulator sickness free experience with 2xHz FPS. Keep the config utility open for tracking to work.

roculus99
Protege
FYI, notch posted on another thread about LWJGL integration:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10

Justin
Honored Guest
"rmcclelland" wrote:
FYI, notch posted on another thread about LWJGL integration:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10

Notch recently posted on his twitter that he couldn't get it to work and that he would "take another swing at it" when he got back from the US.

brantlew
Adventurer
I can't see any reason why a JNI implementation could not be created. The SDK is not C-style so it's a little more effort than just creating pass through functions, but I can't think of anything that would prohibit a wrapper.

MrGeddings
Explorer
i HOPE it can be worked out id love to see Minecraft with the Rift......

ugh why did they have to make the game in java lol oh well ;-).

Chamberlain
Honored Guest
"rupy" wrote:
Ok, good to hear I'm not the only one who is going to use Java!
Out of curiosity what are your projects about? Edit: loading SoF now...

I'm not strictly sure what kind of projects I'll be doing, but I can say it will be more casual gameplay and/or applications. My first test / project will be a chess game. Nothing extraordinary.

neph
Honored Guest
Hi, i'm working on Oculus Rift support for jMonkeyEngine, and a step in that process has been making a JNI (my first, in fact).

I've posted the source here: http://www.softwarepioneering.com/

More info on the jme integration here: http://jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/oculus-rift-support/
"The television screen has become the retina of the minds eye."