cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved - Air Link Connections Lag or Low FPS

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

We’re working on fixing a recent issue which is causing Air Link performance problems for some people. If you’ve noticed any latency issues or lag with Air Link after updating to v41, you might be impacted. The team is working on getting a solution into the next update, but for now you can change your dynamic bitrate for Air Link to improve performance.

For a workaround, adjust the dynamic bitrate settings in any direction. To change the Air Link settings:

1. Launch Air Link
  2. The Air Link panel inside of Dash will now display two options:
  • Dynamic Bitrate
  • Static Bitrate
  1. Adjust the dynamic bitrate slider to your desired bitrate.
  2. Test that Air Link is responsive and confirm the changes. Then test out the apps you’ve had trouble with. 
  • If you select a bitrate that is too high and the app stops responding, your settings will revert after 10 seconds
Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, the specific issue that this thread was in reference to has been resolved with v43 which has already rolled out. If you're still having trouble with Air Link lag or low FPS issues, it's likely a symptom of a separate issue. This sort of behavior could be caused by environmental issues, such as poor wireless connectivity, so it's best to start off with making sure that what you're seeing isn't local to your set up.

If you're still having trouble, I'd recommend reaching out to our support team directly to troubleshoot with them. This also helps our engineering team identify if there's another issue that's come up.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Ya, I have noticed about an extra 10ms of latency with Air Link since v40, and still with v41, using Air Link with my Q2/rtx3090.  I've always used 200mbps Dynamic bitrate and probably thanks to my high end pc everything still looks and works fine.  I don't notice any significant stuttering or artifacts, just the usual blurry distant objects on some apps.  Hopefully this will get sorted out properly with v42.  Thanks for letting us know about all this mate and cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

heisenberg_308
Explorer

I cant set my bitrate because the FPS is so low that it looks like im going through a power point in vr. And this just happend a week or so ago.

@heisenberg_308  Well maybe contact Oculus support because these extremes should not happen if you have setup everything ok and have a good pc with the recommended router/wifi setup.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

well i didnt have the recommended wifi setup at all when i was playing and it worked great for the standards i had. 
I have a RTX 3060 laptop GPU and a i7-11800H with 8gb ram and my router is in the livingroom and it STILL worked. Now it just dosnt want to work.

darkm0de
Honored Guest

Can you please tell me how to log into my account in my headset? I was logged out and i dont know how to log back in but im still logged in on my phone, I just want to be able to play the game I just bought 😞

@darkm0de  Off topic mate.  See the relevant thread over here;

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/Known-Issue-Headset-logged-out-and-missing-app-library/td-p/9...

But it does happen. Air Link is completely broken at the moment, as is wired Link, because it doesn't send any power to the headset anymore over the official cable. But wired, at least the performance is normal. Virtual Desktop, on the other hand, is working like a charm.

MagicFlyer
Honored Guest

How do I change the dynamic bit rate if I can't even get the air link to launch?  Do we have an ETA?  I am completely unable to use my device the way I was hoping to use it for the next two days that I took vacation.  I wanted to get my iRating and Safety Rating up!!  Please - a fix?  Can I safely down grade to the previous version?

NorbertNoBacon
Protege

Can they not just update the whole GUI for link to bring it in line because it just feels like an afterthough right now and has been for a long time? It's so out of date and lacks basic features such as switching between party and app chat for example. I'm sure a lot of Quest 2 owners use PCVR and leaving it in its current stagnant state will just alienate a large number of your potential user base.