Known Issue - Mic audio not working while recording

travhhhggd
Honored Guest

no one can hear me when i record with mic audio on but when its off they can 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

iMight404
Retired Support

Thanks for the heads up, we'll look into it and update you with information as it becomes available. Thanks!

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Cubey9000
Honored Guest

ive never noticed this problem until recently, and it only applies to my account, and not for any other account on my headset. while recording if i enable "include mic audio" it mutes my app chat mic even when im not in a party.

Martiney_
Honored Guest

I’ve noticed this being an issue ever since my headset updated to now include the new meta logo. Whenever I press screen record with mic audio being included my teammates cannot hear me in game anymore. It also doesn’t show the microphone icon so it appears the mic isn’t not being used at all. It’s happening while I play Echo Arena. This problem doesn’t occur when I screen record without mic audio. This wasn’t a problem until my recent headset update.

Ive doublechecked my settings during this and didn’t see anything like the mic being on mute so unsure of what the problem is?

iMight404
Retired Support

Thanks for the heads up, we'll look into it and update you with information as it becomes available. Thanks!

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.

zentious
Honored Guest

ive had the same issue have you found a solution?

sarah3509
Explorer

Also having this issue.. my friends went about a week ago and i couldnt hear him when he pressed record and over the weekend my oculas must have updated because he cant hear me anymore when i press record! Super annoying as we play the jump scare games on recroom and can no longer record the scares!!!! 

xDUDEbroX
Honored Guest

I’ve had the same issue for a week now, which is very disappointing. I make VR content and it has been totally put on hold due to this issue. 

ReconFox
Honored Guest

I’ve also had the same issue, I used to be able to record my audio as well as others hearing me, then after whatever this update was no one can hear me when I record even if my audio is off

gabejacobs
Honored Guest

I am also having a problem. All the sudden my mic is not working. Voice recognition is not working and people cannot hear me in games. I tried a factory reset but it’s still not working.

Hey hey! We understand that audio is a big part of gameplay, and we want to get you back into the VR world playing with friends as soon as possible, so if you could go ahead and hit us up here: https://metaque.st/Support on our support site and provide as many details as you can about this issue. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!