cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved Issue (V39/PTC) - No refresh rate options above 72Hz

undeny
Protege

Title says all, can't anything above 72hz using Link Cable or Air Link. Apparently this has been an issue since the beta rollout of v39 which is extremely disappointing to hear.

If anyone knows or finds a workaround for SteamVR@120hz I would love to hear out what you did, I spent 30 minutes doing everything imaginable thinking it was on my end until I went on the forums to check it out.

52 REPLIES 52

It did, much better but also can still be improved. 

Specification for troubleshooting
PC: Win 11, 10600K + 3080FE, 4K 144Hz (On 1Gbps Ethernet)
VR: Oculus CV1 (retired), Quest 2 (AirLink for PCVR)
Accessories: Unifi Dream Machine 5Ghz 4x4 MIMO, Oculus Link Cable, Quest 2 Elite Strap
App (Experimental ON): Oculus App (v40), Quest 2 (v39)

Bruizerhands
Explorer

Hey guys! I found a fix for this bug. Fix by force updating to v40 from Public Test Channel. I'm so happy about this, now I can start playing my Quest 2 again. https://youtu.be/NHiJa1dV3FY. Sorry about the link Oculus community, 

I can confirm the above fix. Sideloaded v40 PTC via ADB, left Oculus software on PC on the normal channel, and everything is working. 90\120hz back on native quest and PCVR.

I think I'll avoid updates a month or two in future. We need a roll-back function for the headset.

Bruizerhands
Explorer

Great! But I didn't know we could avoid updates

I felt so sketchy doing this but it actually worked you are a savior!

I'd set this as the solution but I don't want a kid to risk bricking his headset without knowing what he's doing 😅 Funny that the solution is just to "force an update"

vrvbird
Protege

I have a question for those who had 90/120Hz enabled before the updating from V38 to V39. Apparently if  you have set your quest2 to 120Hz before starting the update, you will keep this option and you will still have 120Hz enabled on V39!? First of all is this right? And if yes, are you then blocked on 120Hz or you keep the choice to choose other settings? ex: 90Hz

Mario.Pons
Explorer

This bug made me switch back to the reverb, I use gravity Sketch for my daily work and at 72 is sickening. I won't touch the quest 2 until this bug is fixed ;(

Ya I received an answer they are working on it. Then about 5 days later I get a message that was maybe automated asking if I'm ready to close the ticket. Omg I'm mostly going to use the standalone then when psvr2 comes that will be my main vr headset. I'm tired of the run around.

JONGDD
Explorer

i hate 72 and 39

so bad numbers