cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop setup black screen

Draoc
Level 2

I just recently bought an HP Omen 15.  AMD Ryzen 7 5800.  GeForce 3060.  I have a mini display port and a USB C Thunderbolt port.  I have used the display port to mini display port adapter that came with the Rift S.  I have used a Display Port to USB C adapter recommended from a youtube video that got it to work that way.  While going through the setup process the headset is recognized being plugged in usb for power, and the display port whether I am using mini display or usb c, is green.  Audio comes through the head set.  Everything is fine until I get to putting the headset on to complete setup, all I get is black.  The headset works fine, I have a desktop I also use it on (normal diplay port), no problems there.  How can I get the display to work to the headset through the mini display port, or usb c?  Do I need to change a setting in how the ports access the graphics card?  I have done the suggested fixes through Oculus already, (replugging equipment, reinstalling software, beta program) but still have black screen on headset.

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hi, sorry to hear you are having issues  with the Rift S on your computer, could you open a support ticket with us here and include the log files from your system. Thanks!