cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Controller Stopped Working - Had it for 2 days...

G_H_O_B_L_I_N
Honored Guest
I just want to add my experience so that the community has an idea of how common this is. I've used my quest for about 2 days now, only to find the Left Controller is completely dead on the 3rd day. It's never been banged on anything, I haven't even used it enough yet to have the opportunity! 

I've received no response from Oculus at all. Are all of us with broken controllers expected to replace the shoddy hardware ourselves, at our own expense?? That's a little unfair wouldn't you say, OCULUS it's you who is shipping bad products please take care of the issue
4 REPLIES 4

FelicityC
Adventurer
did u try changing the battery
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun

G_H_O_B_L_I_N
Honored Guest
Yes, tried changing the battery with several brand new ones. The controller itself is dead, it's not a power issue. I think something inside the controller, the wiring disconnected or something? I think the only thing I can do to fix it at this point would be to tear down the controller and try to re-solder what are probably the broken connections myself.

Though I'm sure if I did that if it didn't work, Oculus would tell me I voided the warranty and therefore wouldn't replace the broken controller they shipped me... so I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Damn it.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Faulty electronics often fails within a few days or weeks - it may take some days for Oculus to respond to your ticket. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

max.neonhusky
Honored Guest

i had it for 6 months and when this happened when i was playing beat saber when it lost track and i saw the lights flashing on the controller and yes i tried changing the batteries and didn't work so i think it broke for some reason