cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left controller not working

Tchrsmth
Level 2

I recently booted up my quest after a few months of not being able to play. I played for about 5 hours until the battery died on my left controller. I replaced both controllers with batteries from the same pack, but only the right one works, and it works perfectly. No matter what battery i put in in any way, my left controller will not connect or register the battery. I have tried connecting and reconnecting. I have tried multiple new batteries.  It will not turn on. I have no idea what to do.

3 REPLIES 3

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there @Tchrsmth! We hate when this happens, it's definitely an important part of the experience for both controllers to function properly. Have you already tried pressing or holding the menu buttons on the affected controller while the headset is on the home screen? You may need to press it a few times before the controller will register and turn on. It's also worth making sure the battery is placed into the chamber properly. If all else fails, feel free to put in a support ticket with us here! Cheers!

I tried everything this post and google said but my left controller still won't connect please help me fix this.

Hello, we see that you are experiencing trouble with your left controller. We're here help! You mentioned that you tried everything from previous posts. Have you tried unpairing/repairing your controller? If not, click here for instructions on how to unpair your controller.

In addition, do not forget to clean out any possible debris from your controller and change out batteries if you have not done so already. 

Let us know if this works. 

Thanks! 🙂