cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited connection and date not correct.

Sensoorr
Honored Guest

Yesterday evening, I turned on my oculus to see a limited connection message and the date set to Saturday, 28th February 2037. I have a lot of saved recordings which are not backed up yet so I don't want to have to factory reset my device, I've been trying to figure it out, but I have had no result. I can't use anything internet-wise as the internet blocks my request due to invalid date and time. Please can somebody help me out or tell me how to fix this.

Thanks,

Sensor.

17 REPLIES 17

Probst99
Honored Guest

I would like to try the ADB solution, unfortunately I cannot get my Quest 2 back in developer mode. I receive an error on my phone when attempting to turn it back on. Little bit frustrated here. I can however connect via Android, even though SideQuest will not connect.

Anyone have any ideas how I can possibly run ADB without SideQuest? I would like to avoid a full reset. Or possibly copy over (via Android connection) my backed up files at least? Not sure if any of that could be preserved of course.

I tried Oculus Dev Hub, but cannot connect via BlueTooth. Can't find the device. Ah well.

Is your PC connecting? If so you can simply copy ADB into a folder and run the command from an elevated command prompt (run as administrator).

Edit: Sorry, I misread that. You won't be able to use ADB if you can't enable developer mode. Assuming you've got your account set up as a developer  , try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app.

Probst99
Honored Guest

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Oculus mobile app but that didn't seem to help.

A whole year with two Quest 2 headsets with nary an issue until this latest update. The only difference between the two units is that there is another family account on the semi-bricked headset. I wonder if I now need to also have a developer account for this other account so that I can re-enable dev mode?

Frustrating, as there is obviously an issue with this latest update considering how man people are having the same issue - limited connectivity.

Just to sum up, one headset is fine, the other has:

1) limited connection for wifi

2) inability to reenable Dev mode

3) ability to share data intact

lairdapopkin
Honored Guest

It is embarrassing that the Quest fails completely if it has the wrong time, but refuses to re-check network time when it reboots (as any other device does) or let you enter it manually (as any other device does). And to add insult to injury, when the browser fails due to the date it displays a button to update the date, which doesn’t work!

of course my Quest is on the internet - Netflix works fine - so the problem is 100% Oculus losing the dates and treating failure as 2037 instead of retrying to get the date. Amateur coding mistake. And do they have no QA?

Spud-Gunn
Honored Guest

I was having the same issue with limited connection, the way I got around the problem was.

1: Hold power and volume down button for about 10 seconds then let go.

2: You should get a screen with about 5 options (at the very top it should say USB update or something like that from memory) anyway select the last option which says “Power Off” then switch the headset back on and it should be connected.

Hope this helps and works for you, let me know how you get on.

Goopy_
Explorer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeqTI--MkJ0

watch this video the problem has been resolved and its an easy fix no need to factory reset all you need is sidequest and a linking cord

demetriushudson84
Honored Guest

Hi

This is the way. Thank you! Hadn't used my headset in a couple months. It pulled down an update, which messed up its time / date, and it would no longer connect. The provided ADB command via SideQuest fixed it immediately. Saved me a factory reset. Thanks!