cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost tracking

lilbuch08
Explorer

For the past couple weeks I have been having issues with lost tracking. I have tried all the tips I have found online such as cleaning the lenses, unpairing and repairing the controllers, adjusting the lights, and deleting then resetting the guardians but it doesn’t work. I can use the Oculus quest 2 for a few min (sometimes less, sometimes more) and then I get kicked out of game play due to last tracking.  I have seen that many have had the same issues but I don’t see any reply’s with a fix. Anyone have other suggestions?  The only thing I haven’t tried is factory reboot. 

14 REPLIES 14

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this matter on your end. Please click here to submit a ticket, we'd like to help you out. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

I'm not saying you lied or are stupid, but did you also check the battery levels of the controllers? Low batteries can also cause issues with tracking. Yeah, I know. It's basic, and likely something you tried already. But I don't know for sure, and a lot of people do overlook the obvious.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Yup. Batteries are at 100%. Even put in new ones to ensure mine weren’t faulty somehow. 

X99MYKE
Explorer

I'm having the exact same issue as the OP here. Only started a couple of weeks ago, never an issues before that. Game cuts to black and says lost tracking or lost guardian boundary, but 2 seconds later finds them again and resumes. But this can happen once every 30 mins or once every minute or 2 making it completely unplayable. It doesnt matter if using standalone or oculus link or air link. Also cleaned external cameras, reconnect controllers, new batteries in controllers, tried in different rooms with different guardians and different lightings. This is evidently to do with the new update. Submitted a ticket so hopefully get an answer soon. So close to finishing Half life alyx!

Same deal here mate, and we're not alone... so many posts on the topic all over the place... Any luck on that support ticket?

lilbuch08
Explorer

I figured out my issue with tracking. Not sure if it’s that same for others but I figured out that if the tv (in my play space) is on, I don’t have any tracking issues but if the tv is off (black, reflective screen) I can’t play more than a few min at a time without losing tracking. Hope this helps someone else. 

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

It sounds like your play space might be too dark without the TV on. Which seems odd to me. A single 40 watt bulb in a lamp positioned in one corner of the room is more then enough for tracking in my apartment. My tv has absolutely no effect, regardless on if it's on or off.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Just Turning on TV solved your problem?

For me that worked. I think it was too reflective when it was off. It’s and 80” tv so it takes up a large space and I think it was acting like a giant mirror.  

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?