cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low FPS Using Oculus Link on Quest 2

ben_lipkin
Sightseer

I've been having some serious performance issues when using the Quest 2 Link with my PC. Everything is an annoyingly low framerate, and many textures are super fuzzy and muddy. This is true as soon as I enable Link, and is pretty consistent across games. I tested using Star Wars: Squadrons, and I honestly didn't notice much of a framerate difference between Low and Ultra, so I don't think it's my PC.

Here's what I've tried with no effect:

Set Priority of OVRServer_x64.exe to realtime

Turned off supersampling in SteamVR

Downgraded my AMD GPU driver from 20.12.1 to 20.9.1

Nothing has helped, and sometimes the link will stop working altogether and not allow me to connect.

My specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12 core

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT

32 gb RAM

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Heres the truth about the quest 2 link performance, you need a massive gpu and cpu to take advantage of the near 4 k full resolution it requires.

The gpu you have i believe can only get 50 to 60 at 4k.  You are rendering 2k per eye.

ben_lipkin
Sightseer
I wouldn't mind running at 50 or 60 fps. As it is, all I'm getting is in the 10s or 20s. This is also regardless of the game or graphics settings I am using and regardless of the resolution I set in the Oculus PC app. 

pineapple101
Honored Guest

Unrelated, but I notice you have a 6500XT, and I along with other compatriots are unable to even get into the home app because of a black screen when starting Oculus link. The common answer has been that "the graphics card is incompatible" from Quest support. Did you do anything special to get it working with your graphics card?

Ev1lbl0w
Explorer

I believe it was a typo, as the RX 6500 XT was launched on 19 Jan, and this post was made on 7 Jan.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?