cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance

jerrydeanrsmith
Honored Guest
Hi,

I am not sure if it has happened to anyone else yet but when changing the lens someone sneezed into the Oculus. I was freaking out. Like OMG what do I do to clean this???

My best suggestion is Q-tips.
-JerryDean Smith Live everyday as if it were your last, Learn as if you were to live forever.
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Ha!! Well I have been using a microfiber cloth to clean out dust, and compressed air can also work. It also helps to switch the eye cups with the screen facing down. Hadn't tried q-tips yet, but I guess that could work too.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

LNRrgB
Honored Guest
I have been cleaning while rift was on, and setting the rift in extended mode, so a nice solid blue windows background allowed me to move the mouse pointer right to a dust mote - then safely remove lens, and accurately spot mop with lens cloth wrapped around finger tip... right at mouse focus. Works fairly well for random specs.