cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Oculus stay closed

Cpt_Custard
Adventurer
I have moved where I keep my rift to keep it safe from the kids but now oculus software will not stay closed. Every time I close it it pops back open again.

Very annoying, anybody know how to keep it closed?
8 REPLIES 8

Richooal
Consultant
Is the proximity sensor being triggered? (the one next to the orange light)
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Cpt_Custard
Adventurer
Yep this is what is causing it, I suppose the low light levels are triggering it? It is very frustrating, I wouldn't mind so much but Oculus takes up system resources, it doesn't sit in the system tray quietly.

I want to put my rift away to keep it safe but when I do the software kicks in.

Bloody anoying

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
I don´t think that´s the issue .. I have mine put away in a box when not in use:

My oculus software aint triggered till I open the box.
Be good, die great !

Do you use Firefox?  If you have vr enabled in that it used to open Oculus Home, probably still does.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

Do you use Firefox?  If you have vr enabled in that it used to open Oculus Home, probably still does.

I use firefox as well, and haven´t had any issues with that neither ... lol
Be good, die great !

Richooal
Consultant

Yep this is what is causing it, I suppose the low light levels are triggering it?

As I understand it, the sensor is not an LDR. It's a proximity sensor. So light levels shouldn't be affecting it.

Do you have any kind of 3rd party VR Cover on your Rift that might be getting too close to the sensor?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Cpt_Custard
Adventurer

Richooal said:

Yep this is what is causing it, I suppose the low light levels are triggering it?

Do you have any kind of 3rd party VR Cover on your Rift that might be getting too close to the sensor?

Yea I have a https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-rift-facial-interface-foam-replacement-basic-set/

Perhaps that's the issue, hmm I will have to have a fiddle with it  😐 would be handy though if they included the choice if you wanted Oculus home to start with the sensor or start it with mouse.

A lot of apps have the option in the settings 'start when windows starts' to give you the choice.

AzzAmoebA
Explorer
I only have this issue with the beta drivers, opting out fixed it for me, but I am still having other issues when I exit requiring "Windows Explorer" needing to be manually restarted to get my taskbar to be visable again.