cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Account

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought Oculus Meta Quest 2, because in August 2022 it could be used without a Facebook account.

But has that possibility arrived yet, or how long do we have to wait?

I cannot even open the Meta Browser in my Headset 

Could we have an ongoing discussion, please?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

boogles
Explorer

I would also like to hear more details about the current status of the rollout of Meta accounts.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, we understand you have questions about Meta accounts, but don't worry, we've got you back. Until late August 2022, when Meta accounts are announced, you will still need to link a Facebook account. More information on Meta accounts can be found here

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I no longer have and will not sign up for a Facebook account so I suppose that means I’m waiting until “late August”. I’m sure there are others here in similar situations that would like to have more frequent updates on the Meta account rollout process so thank you for providing an update and please keep them coming!

Hello there, Boogles! You are welcome; please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, and we will be happy to assist you. Just keep an eye out for that update and make sure your device is up to date. You can also follow our blog here to stay up to date on any upcoming news. Have fun gaming!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

TenaciousLeeTV
Explorer

So the update isn't out yet? Because I've seen media sources this week claiming that it is and fb accounts are no longer required. This is the opposite of my experience.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, We understand you want to create a new Meta account, and we've made some Meta account announcements. However, at the moment, Meta accounts are not available.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?