cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minecraft 'Checking For Updates' Crash??

AverageG4merYT
Honored Guest
Ive been trying to find a fix for this and cant seem to find an actual solution.

The Problem: Minecraft in VR Crashes on 'Checking for updates' while works still in regular 2d mode.

Things I've Tried;

Uninstalled both VR client & Microsoft Store Client
Moved both to different installation directories
Uninstalled programs that MAY have been causing conflicts i.e. FaceRig, OBS, Xsplit, Adobe Media Encoder, Adobe Premier(I dont know if any of these will cause conflicts but i read that certain audio drivers installed in editors can cause this issue)
Made sure that windows update can update OTHER microsoft products under 'Advanced Update Settings'
Made sure that i wasnt in the Beta client of Minecraft

It used to work fine, i have no idea when it stopped working because normally i just use ViveCraft. But my wife wants to play with me on her xbox world so I'm trying to get it working again on my Oculus. I've looked and looked for the last 2 weeks to no avail to an actual solution to this problem. Does ANYONE have any ideas why this stopped working & how to fix it? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
18 REPLIES 18

ToTobeybey
Honored Guest
Same

Bengxl
Honored Guest
Same issue here.. can we get a fix!?

BiochemBen
Honored Guest
Same problem here still....

jjjheating
Honored Guest
FIX IT!

aTTaX420
Honored Guest
same problem here and no fix in sight -.-

JoshJonesAK
Explorer
open the registry editor 
 go to: 
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenXR\1]

change "ActiveRuntime" to 
"c:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\oculus_openxr_64.json"

relaunch minecraft and enjoy.

Zachhax
Honored Guest
I got to Khronos and there is no openXR

AGL1
Protege
The issue is with the latest update v1.16.201 (from 15th December). If you don't mind rolling back to a fully working version you can continue to play Minecraft in VR without these issues;

"Checking for Updates"
User Interface (HUD) disappearing behind things , especially open chests
Left thumbstick on XBox controller not working properly

I am happy to put instructions up here on how to rollback to a fully functioning update, but in return I would like you guys to;
 undertake to request Mojang to fix the problems and not ignore the VR community.
I can give you a link to facilitate this.

xHammerTimeGami
Honored Guest
still dont work
ughhhhhhh