cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minecraft windows 10 edition black screen

hungrymonkey
Honored Guest
I installed windows 10 minecraft and it runs fine in 2d.  If I launch from Oculus all it get is a black screen.  The most disappointing part is there are no error messages...just stuck in a black void.  I am in US and have seen the copy language files solution but based on my locale this is clearly not  the issue.
9 REPLIES 9

mniromaa
Explorer
Hey Hungrymonkey,
i had also issue with black screen when i launch the app today. First nothing happened, then i noticed minimized window on top left corner and i opened it. Screen was black and nothing happened.
I minimize and maximize the screen for couple times and it started to work.

Don't know if it works for you, but it worked for me. I quess you can try it. Good luck.

hungrymonkey
Honored Guest
no luck.  just black screen of death.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@hungrymonkey I already gave you the solution in the other thread. https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/427552/#Comment_427552 . You need to unplug any monitors from any secondary GPUs.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

hungrymonkey
Honored Guest
thank you. That worked.  I understood I couldnt have a second GPU installed, unplugging is a viable solution for me.  Thanks again.

aYo_MoNty
Honored Guest
So i have the same problem but am using a laptop with a graphics amp and cant very well unplug my laptop monitor. My GPU is a 1070 if that helps at all. Any suggestions? I'd
 love to be able to minecraft in vr.

JVBC2013
Honored Guest
I also have a black screen only with Minecraft after it launches.  I don't have extra monitors plugged in. Can you help me?  My logs are attached.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I see what I think is the error:
Graphics adapters do not match between client and service.
This usually happens if you have a monitor or Rift connected to the motherboard integrated GPU port, or to a secondary card in an SLI/CrossFire system. Rift and all monitors must be connected to the primary dedicated GPU and NOT any secondary cards or integrated ports. In addition, you want at least one monitor connected, having just Rift with no monitors can be problematic. Also, I'd recommend connecting Rift directly on HDMI rather than using any sort of adapters (you can use the adapters for your monitor or TV). Hope that helps.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

9tnine
Honored Guest
I am running off a laptop is there any option for me? I only have 1 hdmi port and dont know if its even possible for me to turn off my screen.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If it's an Nvidia card, look in the Nvidia control panel settings and see if you can Force High-Powered GPU in the 3D Settings menu.