cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Much worse image quality via Link Cable after Quest2 update

dariuszmatt
Explorer

I was a happy Quest 2 user and then I decided to update system on Oculus Quest 2 to the latest version. Now, when I connect to PC via Link Cable it's a disaster:
- the Rift menu does not appear automatically, I have to manually switch it in quick options in the quest menu

- frequent error messages: Request failed: Minified exception occurred; use the non-minified dev environment for the full error message and additional helpful warnings.

- and what's the worst, the image quality is terrible, The screen has some kind of noise, like gaming on cloud with crappy internet
I'm running Win11 and nvidia card. Before update everything was perfect.
Any ideas how to fix it, go back to previous version?

19 REPLIES 19

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey dariuszmatt! We see you are having issues running Oculus Link after the update. We know how frustrating this issue can be. 

We would like you to submit a support ticket so we can take a deeper look into this issue for you! Please include your logs with your first message. 

We look forward to digging into this issue for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Dear Support!

I have same problemoculus failed.PNG

Merrul
Honored Guest

Dear Support I'm also having this problem!

Merrul_0-1655419113474.png

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@dariuszmatt  If you are win11 then maybe try opting into the oculus desktop app settings/beta tab public test channel beta v41.  It apparently is a little more win11 friendly.  Also, maybe try the latest nvidia driver 516.40.  Again, a little more win11 friendly.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I have a win 10 and latest nvidia driver and this problem is still up.

ByRub09
Honored Guest

I have a Win10 and have the same problem

Hi there! We see you are having issues running Oculus Link after the update. We would love to assist you this!

We would like you to submit a support ticket so we can take a deeper look into this issue for you! Please include your logs with your first message. 

We look forward to you reaching out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

i sent my email with logs a few hours ago, i'm waiting for developments, solutions

Hey, on the Oculus Quest 2. It will say that the headset is connected to the computer, but when I go into settings and click Oculus Air Link, wait for it to connect, then launch, it doesn't launch, and is only stuck on a loading screen. When this happens, an error message pops up on my computer saying "Minified exception occurred; use the non-minified dev environment for the full error message and additional helpful warnings." I've tried all the general trouble shooting techniques, not sure what to do now.