cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Account Screen Casting

EmiSparkles11
Honored Guest

We recently split an Oculus Quest 2 for my stepdaughter with her father. She brings the device back and forth between our houses. He originally set the device up and added it to his account using the app.

No matter what we do, we cannot get it to cast at our house. Whenever we try to register it to our account using the app, the 5-digit code does not show up on the screen. We have tried factory resetting the device to no avail. Our account is set up as the secondary user of the device. No matter whose account we are on, we are unable to cast to our iPhone, iPad, or computer. 

Is it possible to cast to our devices if we are not logged in to the primary account?

19 REPLIES 19

amylondon101
Honored Guest

Have the same problem! 

Fanible
Protege

So they still haven't added a way to cast on secondary accounts?  Come on Facebook/Meta/Oculus, get with it!

Hi everyone! We understand this is an important feature for our users to have access to. Seeing as how multiple accounts are often used in families, we know it's important to be able to see what secondary accounts are seeing inside the headset.

At this time, that is a feature that has not yet been added to the software; however, there is a suggestion on our user voice site that you can vote on. This will allow you to share with our developers what you would like to see in the future with your devices. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This is what works for me.

I have two facebook accounts.

1. FB Account 1 is primary account on Oculus2
  2. FB Account #2 was added to oculus as a second account
  3. Oculus2 app is installed on my iPhone
  4. With Oculus connected as FB account #1 
  5. Screen sharing works on the primary FB Account #1 without issue.
  6. Open Oculus app on phone and log out (FB Account #1)
  7. Open facebook and log out (FB account #1)
  8. Log into Facebook as Account #2
  9. Log into Oculus as FB Account #2
  10. From Oculus app switch account to Secondary account (FB Account #2)
  11. Now you can see the chrome csat selections missing when oculus is logged in as one of the secondary accounts

Here is my post on TickTok 

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdjbygAP/

11. Now you can see the chrome csat selections missing when oculus is logged in as one of the secondary accounts

TroubleSleeping
Honored Guest

I could not get the second 5 gigit code on the screen eithre but just click "skip" or not right now whatever is says.

I am unable to "vote" on the support page.

Hey there Dragondoff, thanks for reaching out. Can you clarify what you mean by "vote"? We'd love to help you with this issue but we are unsure of what you specifically meant. Please let us know here at your earliest convenience, or contact us via submitting a support ticket on our website here: https://ocul.us/ContactSupport so we can get this resolved for you as soon as possible. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

You said above that "there is a suggestion on our user voice site that you can vote on." I clicked on the link and signed in so I could vote for you guys to allow casting from multiple accounts, but I could not click "vote" on anything. Honestly, the fact that we have to "vote" for this feature in the first place is ridiculous.