cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple accounts

Imabeast7
Level 2

I want to add an account for my kid. It seems they have to have their own Facebook account to be added? I'm not making a fb account for a child. Any other way? 

9 REPLIES 9

PappiAviator
Level 3

Just create a dummy one. Meta (Facebook) owns Oculus, so probably no way around it.

The quest is not made for children. Simple answer is no

Yet so many games and kids play it. I see you're a winner.

Quest 2 requires a Facebook account. You need to be at least 13 years old to use the Quest 2. Leaving a child with developing frontal lobes alone with a VR hmd is not just bad parenting, it's simply dangerous. You can find several videos on the internet of kids damaging themselves or their hmds by running into real world walls, falling over objects etc. I do let my 9 year old son use my hmds, but I'm always there, I don't even leave him alone for a minute. He does not need his own account. I decide what he plays - constantly. 

Beyond that, the IPD of Quest 2 is not designed for children. A 5 year old child has an IPD of about 50 mm, Quest 2 does not go lower than 61 mm, why would anyone force this on a child for longer periods of time? 

Also the 500+ grams of the hmd is not designed for small necks. 

Zuckerberg already warned about the above - thus Quest 2 is not for kids. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Why don't you create your own thread with this b*ll**bleep**? To simplify it for you Besserwisser, pretend that two adults or children over 13 or whatever you say want to share and cast.

Stupid! 

Says you! Shut up!

If a person is over 13 years old, just set up a full Facebook account for each person, then it should be easy to share content. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

@PappiAviator keep things polite please.

As to the age range of users, yeah, these headsets are designed for 13 years and over. Meta have said there are no plans to design a headset for younger people and that's probably a good thing.

Nothing stopping kids from using them and I've let younger relatives have a go under supervision but I wouldn't advocate them owning one. At the moment, the facebook account thing is one way to mitigate the risk of under 13's using the headset unsupervised and I'd stick with that in lieu of anything better being put in place. 

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H1 (19044.1387)

Well put thank you for sharing.