cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple display issues

Nij
Heroic Explorer
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but not seen anything really in the forums about it and I've posted this on the microsoft and nvidia forums too but not had much back, so thought I'd try on here

I've had this problem for a very long time now and it never seems to go away even after countless windows or nvidia driver updates

I have a nvidia geforce 1080ti card and I have my main display (samsung monitor connected through display port), second display (samsung 4k tv connected through HDMI) and also my Oculus rift S connected to the card and my tv is running at max resolution 4096x2160 but I have to have my monitor running at 1024x768 due to poor eyesight. When I open an app ie, oculus app, steam or geforce now they aren't always visible on my main display even though my tv is on standy so I figured they are opening up on the second display and if I use windows key-shift-and left or right arrow keys to bring the app back to my main display it always resizes it to the point where it's impossible to see (see images) it's like a quarter of the window is taking up the whole of my monitor and even if I double click to maximise the app it then just sends it back to my second display and resizing it is also impossible.  Sometimes if oculus starts fine on my primary monitor, after I've used my rift and then turn my monitor back on, then the oculus app has again resized so I have to close it and reopen it. 

So I keep then having to change the resolution on my main display just to resize the window then change it back or disable the second display to fix it, which is really annoying then when I want to use my second display again, even if I close the app it will still reopen on the second display and bringing it back to the main display, it's still completely resized

My windows 10 64bit is fully upto date and all my drivers are also upto date too, would really appreciate some help as this has been driving me mad for ages and I can't simply have matching resolutions on both displays as I'm unable to see my main display

Thanks

ewl2k2bgbada.jpg

6wir8hyyqufi.jpg
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
0 REPLIES 0