cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Oculus Quest 2 casting doesn't work

BravoChip
Level 2

My oculus quest 2 won't cast to my laptop or phone or the developer hub and I'm also on the same wifi and my headset. It used to work fine then one day when I did it just stopped working. I have been trying for a long time now can I please have some help?

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there! We understand how much of a damper casting issues can put on your gaming and we'd be happy to help! Have you tried a headset reboot?

To reboot your headset: 

1. With your headset on, hold the power button on the right side of your headset down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen.
  2. Select Restart to reboot your Quest 2 or Quest.

Once a reboot has been performed, please try casting to your computer or phone.

To cast to your phone: 

1. Put your headset on and press oculus icon on your controller to open the universal menu.
  2. Select Sharing then select Cast.
  3. Select Start.
  4. On your phone, select the notification to open the Oculus app and begin casting.
  •  If you already have the Oculus app open on your phone, select Start Casting from the in-app prompt.

To cast to your computer: 

1. On your computer, go to oculus.com/casting with Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge and log in to your Oculus account.
  2. Put your headset on and press oculus icon on your controller to open the universal menu.
  3. Select Sharing then select Cast.
  4. Select Computer then select Next.
  • If you don't see your computer listed, make sure that your headset and computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.

5. Select Done.

If the issue persists after trying those steps, please click here (https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport) or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We hope this helps!