cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Razer Blade 15 with RTX 3060 doesn't detect Oculus Link (It goes directly to the INTEL UHD card)

Skarav
Explorer

Hi, I have a Oculus Quest 2 and a Razer Blade 15 laptop with a RTX 3060 installed and a Intel UHD integrated card.

Im trying to connect directly vía the official USB C cable, but when I try to run the oculus rift apps, and Steam VR with the original cable...it detects the visor but it doesn't detect my RTX 3060 GPU, it goes directly to the INTEL UHD integrated graphics card which is inferior in power and it appears an error message that says my computer is not VR ready or goes to black screen it's very frustrating.

I already tried defining in NVIDIA app the applications to run from the card and it doesn't work I don't know if the C connection is directly going to the INTEL card or my RTX 3060 with this particular model of laptop or what is happening.

Any help? 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Skarav
Explorer

I made it work like this: I had to "force" ALL my system to select the high performance driver:

2.jpg

I tried "selecting" the specific oculus programs like you said but it didnt't work only, when I did it from GLOBAL SETTINGS and forced all my system to "use" the high end graphic card Oculus used the RTX 3060.

It still pops the message that my PC or card doesn't support VR on OCULUS or in the VR visor and the OCULUS Rift app inside, but it runs the games it's not an optimal solution but hope it helps. I agree with you, Oculus should look up the issue or patch it up, to be more friendly or recognize in a more efficient way systems with dual cards (mostly laptops) it's very annoying 😥 and sometimes frustrating. Hope it helps!🤓

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kurtdaflirt
Protege

I am having the same issue on my ROG Zephyrus (Ryzen 9, RTX 3070). I have also tried assigning the all the appropriate .exe's to use high performance graphics, among other things, and I have achieved no positive results.

The problem really seems to be with the Oculus desktop software not being optimized for dual GPUs (Optimus, iGPU). It could also be the issue of the left hand not talk to the right hand, or rather, a failure of communications with all the involved vendors. In my case, this would be Oculus, Nvidia, AMD, and Asus. I wish Oculus would step up to the plate and investigate this issue, because ultimately they come out looking at fault.

Skarav
Explorer

I made it work like this: I had to "force" ALL my system to select the high performance driver:

2.jpg

I tried "selecting" the specific oculus programs like you said but it didnt't work only, when I did it from GLOBAL SETTINGS and forced all my system to "use" the high end graphic card Oculus used the RTX 3060.

It still pops the message that my PC or card doesn't support VR on OCULUS or in the VR visor and the OCULUS Rift app inside, but it runs the games it's not an optimal solution but hope it helps. I agree with you, Oculus should look up the issue or patch it up, to be more friendly or recognize in a more efficient way systems with dual cards (mostly laptops) it's very annoying 😥 and sometimes frustrating. Hope it helps!🤓

TBwn
Protege

I have a Razer Blade 15 as well and, yeah, the physical C connector is wired into the Intel.
No real way around that.

I actually ended up using the Virtual Desktop app anyway so I could do Steam games without being tethered.  If you go that route it is GREAT! (though dependent on your wifi connectivity, suggest 5Ghz and near to line of sight for best performance)

I heard SOME of the Razer 15 models have wired directly to the C connector the Intel card and some not but the Oculus is running fine with the wired connection in my case, I already played No Man's Sky, Half Life Alyx and several others on Steam VR. I have been playing like that, I have very bad wifi so it's not an option. But yeah, very annoying. 😞

Depends on what you mean by "bad wifi".  If the signal in your home is poor, then yeah, Virtual Desktop may not be for you unless you can use a spare router or access point for this.
If you mean you get slow internet from your ISP, that really doesn't matter.  It's the desktop>router>headset traffic that determines your performance.

I think its very important to actually know WHAT version you purchased. Is it the Blade 15 2019, 2020 or even 2021?