cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My VR headset is being annoying...

Anonymous
Not applicable
It doesn't work well...
what I mean by that is that the HDMI is connected yet the light is still orange and I cannot see a thing...
help, please!

6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please submit a support ticket for help. https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Done, but still If anyone know what to do just say please...

CaTaPulT88
Explorer
More than likely it's a USB thing, try unplugging the USB3 plug and plugging it back in when it does this, I have the same problem and sometimes I need to unplug it a few times then it comes to life. More than likely a Windows 10 problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please submit a support ticket for help. https://support.oculus.com/

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a replay on that ticket...

Older.Gamer
Protege
I get this from time to time, normally when I let the computer use SLEEP instead of shut down. What I do is open SERVICES, look for Oculus VR Runtime Service, highight it, then press the STOP word. Wait for the service to....ummm... Stop. Then wait another two or four heartbeats, then hit START to ....Well... Yeah, Start the service.

The Oculus Rift app should open, now, if it does not, then double click the shortcut to open it, and then try on the mask.

Should now be working. Or at least it works for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get this from time to time, normally when I let the computer use SLEEP instead of shut down. What I do is open SERVICES, look for Oculus VR Runtime Service, highight it, then press the STOP word. Wait for the service to....ummm... Stop. Then wait another two or four heartbeats, then hit START to ....Well... Yeah, Start the service.

The Oculus Rift app should open, now, if it does not, then double click the shortcut to open it, and then try on the mask.

Should now be working. Or at least it works for me.

I forgot to say...
what CaTaPulT88 said worked out.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?