cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account won’t load.

xXDexterXx
Honored Guest

7E7F4538-E6F1-4B9A-B012-1BFFB692FB17.jpeg

“Unable to load. Please try again later.“ is what my oculus says when ever I go to my account. This has happened before and I factory reset and it fixed it. I month or two later it’s happening again. I don’t wanna factory reset and lose my progress on games AGAIN. I’ve tried switching Wi-Fi. That didn’t work. Is there a permanent fix I can do without factory resetting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We know that performing a factory reset isn't ideal, but you should be okay if you make sure all your content is backed up in the cloud. If even after performing a factory reset again, you still run into this issue, please head on over to our support site and submit a support ticket. When submitting a support ticket, please make sure to include all details regarding your issue. Thanks! We hope you find this information helpful. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We know that performing a factory reset isn't ideal, but you should be okay if you make sure all your content is backed up in the cloud. If even after performing a factory reset again, you still run into this issue, please head on over to our support site and submit a support ticket. When submitting a support ticket, please make sure to include all details regarding your issue. Thanks! We hope you find this information helpful. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ok, thank you. It’s just so annoying to have to redownload all my games.