cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oculus is not updating apps

Fruity_thebest
Honored Guest

My Oculus has stopped updating apps, and I have tried everything, my internet is reasonably fast at 220meg. I have plugged in the headset and left it charging whilst switching the auto sleep to 4 hours and still no updates have even started. I bought a game and had to get a refund as it would not download? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Fruity_thebest, thanks for reaching out. We are aware that some people still are not able to properly install apps on their Quest library. If you have a game or app that seems stalled for more than a few hours, ensure that you have the Cloud Backup feature enabled then perform a factory reset. Once completing these steps, the updates should resume. 

If you would like to backup any personal files from your Oculus Quest before the factory reset, please here click for instructions on how to transfer files to and from your Oculus Quest and your computer. 

Let us know if you need anything else. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Fruity_thebest, thanks for reaching out. We are aware that some people still are not able to properly install apps on their Quest library. If you have a game or app that seems stalled for more than a few hours, ensure that you have the Cloud Backup feature enabled then perform a factory reset. Once completing these steps, the updates should resume. 

If you would like to backup any personal files from your Oculus Quest before the factory reset, please here click for instructions on how to transfer files to and from your Oculus Quest and your computer. 

Let us know if you need anything else. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MoonstoneWolf7
Explorer

Same thing here.  I have 3 apps that the Meta App tells me to update in the headset but when I put on the headset nothing happens and I am told I have latest version.  I keep getting Meta notifications to update the Meta Browser, Meta Guide and VR Chat.  Yet nothing on the headset indicates there is an update.  I even leave the headset on without going to sleep and no update happens.  Is this still a known issue or is my headset doomed to be returned.  I only have 5 days left to exchange.

Same here accept it is the oculus store,browser,and vrchat. Every time I turn on my headset the same three apps pluss some say they are queued to update but none of them start to update I've tried to reset my quest I'm on the latest version I've even let it go dead and completely recharged it and got on it the next day and the same thing happened again, it's been happening for three days now and I don't know what else to do.

Hey @TrippleZillA20001! We hate to hear that your headset is not letting you update your apps. No worries, let's get this resolved for you! First, we would like for you to check to make sure there's no problem with your internet connection, try restarting your router and have your device as close as possible to the router when trying to update the apps. Also try downloading the apps on your mobile device or another Windows website. Please let us know if this works for you! 

Hey there! I'm just following up with you to see if you still need any assistance? If so, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us. We hope you have a great day! 

Hi sorry to jump on, i am havibg this problem but with alot of my apps, iv tried a hard reset and my internet is fine, battery is fully charged and still nothing. Been trying to resolve this for days and still nothing will update. 

Hey @laura2611! We know how jarring it must be not being able to update your apps. We know how this can affect your gameplay. No worries, let's see what we can do! Have you tried updating the apps on a different windows website or on your mobile device? We look forward to your response!

Hey there! We're just following up with you to see if your issue has been resolved? If not, please provide us with the information from our previous message and we'll gladly assist. We hope you have a great day! 

An option is not given to update anything on mobile, nor on desktop. i haven’t seen anyone fix this issue yet and it’s been going for months, do you have any solutions? i go to start the update, it flashes between the amount of megabit’s it’s updated and the word “queued”. when it gets to about half a gig, it fails to update. please help, this oculus is less than a year old.