cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oculus profile will not load

ThatGuyAaron_25
Explorer

So my dad was trying to use my oculus quest 2 when I wasn’t home and when he turned it on, It would not load my profile or any of my apps. It says that I purchased them but they are not in my library. My background changed as well to default. All the solutions im seeing are saying I need to connect my phone but even though I still get phone notifications, my phone will not connect otherwise. Could someone plz help me. This is really annoying.

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey ThatGuyAaron_25

We understand that you are having issues with your Oculus Quest 2.

We're here to help! Based off the information you have provided, it maybe possible that your father may have (accidently) factory rested your device. 😅 

No worries! So when your device has had a factory reset performed on it all personal information and apps will be cleared from the device.

Don't panic! All previous purchased apps and games will still be available, however you will have to re-install all previous apps.

This may also explain why your background has been reverted back to the original background.

Simply re-install all previous applications and they should open normally.

If you are having further issues attempting to do any of these steps, please let us know!

Thank you! 😊 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I do not believe he factory reset the device. It was like this when he turned it on. I can view my purchase history but the store will not load as well as my profile. It just says try again later.

Hey ThatGuyAaron_25,

Thank you for that clarification.

Quick question, are you logged into the Oculus app as well as the headset?

If so, can you possibly log out of the mobile application as well as the headset and attempt to re-login on both devices.

Upon re-logging into the devices, attempt to view your library.

If your still unable to view your library, let us know.   

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Alright so I am unable to sign out in my oculus as my profile won’t load. It just says try again later. I can sign out in the app but not the device.

Hey Aaron! Thanks for tying those steps for us. Next, let's see if your headset will update as this can possibly correct the issue for you. We have embedded the link to our public support article on how to update your device. 

If that doesn't work for you, please restart your headset. If after checking for an update, and restarting your headset you are still unable to access your profile, please ensure Oculus Cloud Backup is enabled (if possible) and perform a factory reset.

We also want you to keep in mind that a new software version, v37, is being rolled out, so if you don't see an update yet don't worry. It will be made available to everyone as it rolls out.

We hope this helps, but if you need further assistance please submit a support ticket with our team. 😊👍

Thank you for your help. Once I updated both the oculus quest and the software on my oculus app, it corrected itself.

Brendaneire
Honored Guest

Same thing happened to me too. I used the headset last night. No issue. Today, I switched it on, no profile and no games to access. I shut it off and restared a coiple of times. No joy. Is thete a fix?

Had the same issue this morning with my Quest 2.  Updated the software version through the headset and updated to the latest version of the app (on my ipad).  Shut down and restarted the headset - voila, all is well.  Hope this helps, nothing else I tried did anything.

jacobandwilly2022
Honored Guest

my profile won't load my apps ain't there since yesterday i need help