cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My order was cancelled for no reason help!

HotPotato451
Sightseer
Hi everyone, so i was just looking at my order page, i had recently bought an oculus rift s haha, it was so exciting, it was gonna be my first PC VR experience! So, being the child-at-a-candy-store person i am, 3 days after my order, i check my order status and... it says cancelled?? I was struck with grief since our currency here is way less valuable than american dollars so we had spent a lot of money on this, (we didn't go bankrupt or anything, but sheesh the price is very big), and now it's not coming?? what's wrong???
6 REPLIES 6

gio-c00
Honored Guest
I tried ordering accessories for my Quest 2.  They had no problem sending me the quest 2 a couple of weeks ago, but they just cancelled my accessories for the second time in 2 days, WITH NO REASON or Explanation. 

kojack
MVP
MVP
One of the common reasons orders get cancelled is because of conflicts in regions. For example if the country of your shipping address and credit card don't match (using an american registered visa card to buy a headset in australia for example). Oculus is very strict on only selling to 23 specific countries and don't support forwarding companies.

They also have a habit of not saying why orders were cancelled, if the buyer was a scammer they don't want to give away what tipped them off. (I'm not saying you are a scammer, just that that is the reasoning Oculus uses for not giving reasons).

For gio-c00's accessories though, no idea. If they sent you a quest 2 fine, it shouldn't be region issues. One thing to check is if your bank decided to block the transaction. My bank blocked my Quest 2 purchase (despite buying many things from Oculus over the last 8 years) and didn't tell me.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

gio-c00
Honored Guest
Kojack--
Thank you for the response. 
As you can see, I mentioned it was cancelled for the second time.  That is because I thought, like you did, that maybe something happened with my first payment method.  So, I provided a second payment method the second time around with the same results......I have submitted a ticket with them and am now awaiting a response.
I would rather buy the items directly from them since it's cheaper than Amazon...but if this nonsense keeps up, I'll just go back to my valve index.  It's a shame, I was enjoying the freedom and games of the oculus and was trying to order those accessories to really embrace the platform.....

HotPotato451
Sightseer

kojack said:

One of the common reasons orders get cancelled is because of conflicts in regions. For example if the country of your shipping address and credit card don't match (using an american registered visa card to buy a headset in australia for example). Oculus is very strict on only selling to 23 specific countries and don't support forwarding companies.

ah, i see they're dicks about it, i don't see the reason why but eh, i guess i'll get the 66% more expensive one from my country's amazon. if you know the reason tell me because this seems arbitrary to combat, thanks!

HotPotato451
Sightseer

gio-c00 said:

Kojack--
Thank you for the response. 
I would rather buy the items directly from them since it's cheaper than Amazon...but if this nonsense keeps up, I'll just go back to my valve index....

damn you could afford a valve index? how is it compared to the oculus? better? worse? curious

gio-c00
Honored Guest
Hotpotato451--
It's basically consumer versus pro.  Kinda like having a mercedes for when you need it, but using your mazda for the day to day.  a few more bells, whistles, details and functions.  in the end a car is a car.....vr is vr.