cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My order

batteredcod455
Honored Guest
I ordered an oculus quest 2 roughly 3 weeks ago on this website, I've had an email to the link but everytime I click on it it keeps sending the same emails!! The money was taken yesterday out of my account, I feel like I've been conned of £299, is there anyway I could customer services? 
6 REPLIES 6

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Dude they are on backorder.  If your money was just taken out last night then its most likely in prep for shipping.

During a pandemic i don't think its good practice to say your conned, when they just took out your money yesterday.

CSX8600
Honored Guest
They're on backorder?  Well that's news to me.  There isn't a single spot on the Oculus website nor support that state this information.  They don't state anything at all, actually.  The Oculus store is one of the least transparent websites I've ever used about the status of their product, which is absolutely ridiculous given the fact that the Quest 2 headset costs so much.  My Dominos Pizza is tracked far better than my Quest 2 is.  Why is it so hard to be transparent with customers?

Is it back ordered?  When is a restock available?  When is the expected ship date?  I feel like these are reasonable questions a consumer would ask that I've never gotten answers to.  I cannot say that ordering from the Oculus Store is something I will ever recommend to anyone.

PITTCANNA
Visionary

CSX8600 said:

They're on backorder?  Well that's news to me.  There isn't a single spot on the Oculus website nor support that state this information.  They don't state anything at all, actually.  The Oculus store is one of the least transparent websites I've ever used about the status of their product, which is absolutely ridiculous given the fact that the Quest 2 headset costs so much.  My Dominos Pizza is tracked far better than my Quest 2 is.  Why is it so hard to be transparent with customers?

Is it back ordered?  When is a restock available?  When is the expected ship date?  I feel like these are reasonable questions a consumer would ask that I've never gotten answers to.  I cannot say that ordering from the Oculus Store is something I will ever recommend to anyone.

Your comparing a dominos pizza to a quest 2? Lol.  I can't tell if you actually are considering getting a quest or you are just a kid trolling.

But everything gaming is on backorder right not, electronics are hard to come by.

CSX8600
Honored Guest
Your comparing a dominos pizza to a quest 2?
Yeah, it's kind of a goofy example, but my point still stands that there are services available that are far lower in value than a Quest 2 that have more transparency about the status of the product I've purchased than the Oculus Store.
But everything gaming is on backorder right not, electronics are hard to come by.
As someone who does not buy electronics very often, I should not have to come to some thread on a forum to find out this information.  This should be plastered right on the product page when I go to click buy on the Quest 2.  "Estimated Delivery Date: Feb 4" is not a sufficient way to say "Backordered - restock on January 27th" or whatever.  And then when my order is sitting there showing a status of "Processing," why can't it be more specific and say "Backordered - restock on [xyz]."

PITTCANNA
Visionary

CSX8600 said:

Yeah, it's kind of a goofy example, but my point still stands that there are services available that are far lower in value than a Quest 2 that have more transparency about the status of the product I've purchased than the Oculus Store.
As someone who does not buy electronics very often, I should not have to come to some thread on a forum to find out this information.  This should be plastered right on the product page when I go to click buy on the Quest 2.  "Estimated Delivery Date: Feb 4" is not a sufficient way to say "Backordered - restock on January 27th" or whatever.  And then when my order is sitting there showing a status of "Processing," why can't it be more specific and say "Backordered - restock on [xyz]."

PS5 - Backorder no estimate of new units
Xbox Series X - Backorder no estimate of new units
Xbox Series S - Back Order no estimate of new units
RTX 3000 series cards - Back order no estimate
Vive, valve, and other vr headsets are built when there are enough orders

In this current economy you know how difficult it is to give eta's with lockdown rules and limited workforces alongside its post Christmas.  

There are too many varibles.

CSX8600
Honored Guest

PITTCANNA said:

CSX8600 said:

PS5 - Backorder no estimate of new units
Xbox Series X - Backorder no estimate of new units
Xbox Series S - Back Order no estimate of new units
RTX 3000 series cards - Back order no estimate
Vive, valve, and other vr headsets are built when there are enough orders

In this current economy you know how difficult it is to give eta's with lockdown rules and limited workforces alongside its post Christmas.  

There are too many varibles.

That could also be written in the example messages I provided - something along the lines of what you wrote: "Backordered - Restock Unknown."

Think about it from an unsuspecting consumer perspective:  I go to the store page and click Buy on the Oculus Quest 2 from the Oculus Store.  Aside from an estimated delivery date, which doesn't make any sense when you don't see any reason why that would be the case, you expect it to ship within the next business day.  Perhaps the estimated delivery date is an issue with USPS/worst case USPS situation.  I put in my PayPal information and my order goes to processing.  A couple business days go by and there has been absolutely no change in status for my order - it's still showing processing.  Is it unreasonable to think that the consumer might be a little irritated that they went in fully expecting their order to ship out like normal and here it's been a week later, or in batteredcod455's case, three weeks later and their order still hasn't shipped?  And there's been virtually no feedback to customers about why that is?

All I'm saying is that more information about what's going on with product would be extremely helpful and reduce some of that irritation people might be and are feeling.  It can also help consumers make smarter decisions.  I understand it's obviously not great for customer retention, but had I known it was back ordered, I might've gone a different route to get this equipment sooner.  Especially when this is something so many other companies, including small Ma and Pa shops for other types of product, do already.