cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rift headphones get random audio crackling...and then it goes away

Anonymous
Not applicable
it seems totally random, the audio is perfect like 95% of the time, but then the audio will start to crackle. it won't distort sound effects, just kind of crackle along with the normal music and sounds. and then just as randomly as it starts, it randomly goes away. i have no idea whats going on or how to stop it. it also doesn't seem to matter whats happening in game. it could be a busy scene, or totally empty
12 REPLIES 12

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Exactly the same here mate its driving me nuts !!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
well at least i'm not alone

Godrichman
Explorer
Same here. Apparently it supposed to be picking up interference from the back usb ports. have any of ye tried plugging the headset into a front usb2.0/3.0 port to see if it resolves the issue?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
No but I'll try that tonight 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Godrichman
Explorer
Cool. Let me know if it works. I have the same issue but i dont have any front ports so I have to deal with it..

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Well i have been trying it and so far so good. No crackles as of yet on the front port !!!

Godrichman
Explorer
Its weird alright. Not sure if the interference is because of the proximity to the wifi card or what. Cool that it works now though!

Maniac45
Honored Guest
Same here. I have this crackling noise in different intervals depending on the USB port i am using. Using the USB Ports on the Back are clearly the worst of all. I have only two front USB 3.0. At one of them i here the crackling very often too, at the other one it occurs at least very rarely, but is not fixed completely...
Does anyone know, if there could be a solution to get rid of it entirely (USB 3.0 PCIe Card, USB 3.0 Hub...)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it helps I'm using the recommended PCI card (https://amzn.com/B00FPIMICA) and I don't have a WiFi card in my machine, using ethernet and have no problems.