cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rift s problem

cherrythe1
Honored Guest

So this started to happen very commonly and its starting  to tick me off, every time I launch a game or even just be in the oculus menu my headset just stays in one frame or one postion , and just goes black and all I hear is static and turns off. It always dose this when launching anything if anyone can please give me advice or help me please.

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi cherrythe1, we hate to see that you're experiencing this issue with your Rift S and we want to do everything we can to help fix this with you. To get to the root of what's happening, we just have a few questions to help us get started!

• Would you provide us with you PC hardware specs? (Specifically your Graphics Card, RAM, Processor, and Operating System)
  • Is your headset and your primary monitor connected to the same video card?
  • Are you currently using an adapter or cable extender? 

We look forward to hearing back from you so that we can partner on resolving this together!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

My specs are

Gpu-Geforce Gtx 1660 ti

Cpu-intel core i7

32 gigs of cosair ram

Operating system windows 10

No the monitor is not connected  to the video card 

I was thinking of buying a cable adapter to see if it will fix but sadly I found out it's the cord itself.

Hey there Cherrythe1, I understand you have found the root of the issue, which is your Rift S cable. I'm sure this isn't ideal for you as you are still unable to use the device, but you may still be able to find a new one from some Third Party Retailers.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!