cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rift s problem

cherrythe1
Level 2

So this started to happen very commonly and its starting  to tick me off, every time I launch a game or even just be in the oculus menu my headset just stays in one frame or one postion , and just goes black and all I hear is static and turns off. It always dose this when launching anything if anyone can please give me advice or help me please.

3 REPLIES 3

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hi cherrythe1, we hate to see that you're experiencing this issue with your Rift S and we want to do everything we can to help fix this with you. To get to the root of what's happening, we just have a few questions to help us get started!

• Would you provide us with you PC hardware specs? (Specifically your Graphics Card, RAM, Processor, and Operating System)
  • Is your headset and your primary monitor connected to the same video card?
  • Are you currently using an adapter or cable extender? 

We look forward to hearing back from you so that we can partner on resolving this together!

My specs are

Gpu-Geforce Gtx 1660 ti

Cpu-intel core i7

32 gigs of cosair ram

Operating system windows 10

No the monitor is not connected  to the video card 

I was thinking of buying a cable adapter to see if it will fix but sadly I found out it's the cord itself.

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there Cherrythe1, I understand you have found the root of the issue, which is your Rift S cable. I'm sure this isn't ideal for you as you are still unable to use the device, but you may still be able to find a new one from some Third Party Retailers.