cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My right controller stopped working completely

JJSNYPES
Level 2

My right controller has just stopped working, I’ve taken batteries in and out, restarted my headset, yet nothing seems to work, whenever I replace the battery the controller vibrates, so it’s not a dead battery, but it won’t even try to pair when I hold the oculus and b buttons

3 REPLIES 3

CLOS2U4LIFE
Level 2

Yo my right controller is doing the same but when I reinstall the battery it does not vibrate it just gives that code that blinking code did you find out what was wrong and how we can resolve it

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there! Dealing with a malfunctioning controller is a lot less fun than playing VR and we'd like to do what we can to help! Have you tried unpairing then re-pairing your controllers through the Oculus app on your mobile device? If not, let's give that a try. 

To unpair your controllers:

1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the Oculus Quest headset you currently have paired.
  4. Tap Controllers, then tap the controller that you want to unpair.
  5. Tap Unpair Controller.

To re-pair your controllers:

1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the Oculus Quest headset you currently have paired.
  4. Tap Controllers, then tap the controller that you want to unpair.
  5. Press and hold oculus icon and  buttons on your right controller or  and  on your left controller until the controller LED blinks and then lights up to finalize the pairing.

Please let us know if those steps did the trick!

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello again, just checking in to see if those steps worked. If they did not, please submit a support ticket with us here: https://ocul.us/3lQ43zw and we'd be happy to take a deeper dive into this issue!