cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO HDMI connection

hectorvalle
Honored Guest

Hi I just bought my oculus and I have read all the forums regarding the problem with the HDMI connection and none of them has worked. 

Here is what I have done:
The HDMI cable is connected directly to the HDMI port of the dedicated graphics. And it is plugged in firmly.
Restarted the oculus rift and restarted my computer. 
Remove the Oculus runtime and reinstall it. 
Upgraded my Graphics card. I have now NVIDIA GTX 1060 and Windows 10 64-bit. Which are the latest versions for each software.

However I am still having trouble with my rift. Apparently it says my HDMI isn't plugged in, but then it appears connected. After this it says poor tracking quality, then no HDMI connection and finally Off. Then again connected and it repeats this command all over again since monday everytime I plugged it in. It also says that my Guardian system isn't working.

I think its a problem with the cable because it says that my computer meets the system specifications for the Rift. 

Could you help me solving this problem? What can I do?gfeo9auwdlmp.jpgl09exkxmrpyn.jpg

39 REPLIES 39

AdamlWard
Honored Guest
also check your usb connections, and maybe try swapping them around too.

MikeSpeak24
Protege

Seattlest said:

I know you said you checked the connection on the Rift end, but it is possible you need to remove the foam cushion from the headset and re-seat the HDMI connection on the Rift - an unplug and a re-plug. This can make the HDMI connection spotty.

I just put on my Rift for the first time in a few weeks and bam!!  "no HDMI connection".

Been cracking me up for about an hour now trying to fix it. I just read your comment and had no idea the cable plugs into the headset, i thought it was permanantly wired.
 I removed the foam, pulled the cable, reconnected and i am back in business, Thanks man!

olpig
Honored Guest

Seattlest said:

I know you said you checked the connection on the Rift end, but it is possible you need to remove the foam cushion from the headset and re-seat the HDMI connection on the Rift - an unplug and a re-plug. This can make the HDMI connection spotty.

Been having this on and off for a few days, checked everything, updated drivers.... never thought of checking the connection at the other end. Problem solved, nice one thanks 🙂

Don-J
Honored Guest
I had this same problem, cables were fine, robooted many times, reinstalled Oculus but nothing worked.
Luckily, thanks to an excellent Oculus support service (credits to Lechlan and Eleonor) I came to find out my Graphics card drivers were outdated, so I downloaded latest drivers (with GeForce experience in my case) and my beloved Rift headset was working again! Could bump my head against the wall for not trying that earlier, so I thought I'd share it here, maybe I'm buying someone some time.

lordzedo
Honored Guest
(NEW SOLUTION YOU MAY TRY) i have the same problem,..found many solutions on the internet but nothing work for me,..almost gave up until i found a new solution from Youtube (that video was deleted i don't know why?),..follow it and now my Rift work well,..here is what to do (first,..sorry for my bad English):

i think there are problems between HDMI Port and Circus Board inside the Rift,..so you have to open your foam and cloth pad on your rift (google search to know how to Teardown your Rift),..you'll see a circus board on top,..there is a small Square hole above the board,..use some pieces of paper and insert into that hole to bend the circus board down a little bit (eye sensor will be disabled because when you put the cloth pad back,..the pad will always cover the sensor,..but not a serious problem),..plug in the HDMI cable and try to move your Rift to see if the error don't show anymore,..if it still happen,..then try to bend the circus board a litte bit more and try to move Rift again,..make sure the problem disappeared before put cloth and foam pad back on....hope that'll help you,..:)

Rodiercz
Honored Guest
I had similar problems with touch controlls..   I hear like 5 plug unplug usb sounds.. error messages.. and then it was working 😄 

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
If you have a mini display port you can use this to hook you hdmi into your system.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K0UDJFI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since im using a gaming laptop thats how I had to do it.
WAAAGH!

Hoyterrific
Honored Guest
I was able to fix my connection issue. For me it was a USB problem.

I had the same problem with my Rift working for 5-10 seconds and then disconnecting. Then it would reconnect only to disconnect moments later. It kept saying no HDMI connection.

My fix was to not use any USB 3.0 ports. For whatever reason my headset kept disconnecting while connected to 3.0. My headset and both sensors are now connected to USB 2.0.

I also changed my windows power settings to not automatically turn off the oculus sensors to save power and also changed my power settings to high performance. Not sure if this actually helped.

I also had a problem with the HDMI not connecting during setup. It wouldn't connect while my DVI monitor was connected. But unplugging my DVI allowed the Rift to work for a limited amount of time.

My computer: 

GPU: AMD R9 280x (I know it's below the recommended settings but it still works, saving up for a better card). 

XeX
Explorer
I has the same issue, for me the solution was uninstrall/install Oculus software and it wokrs

GPU: 1060

tomhsmith
Honored Guest

XeX said:

I has the same issue, for me the solution was uninstrall/install Oculus software and it wokrs

GPU: 1060

I am facing this now with laptop GTX 1060 and W10. I will try to uninstall and reinstall and see if that has any effect..

leqz2g2t9hae.png