cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO USB 2.0 HEEEELP!

chasemm18
Honored Guest
Hi! So I recently got an oculus for Xmas, I have 3 sensors and only usb 3.0 on my computer, whenever I connect the third sensor it tells me there is poor tracking no matter where it is, I have been told that oculus requires/recommends having the third sensor plugged into a usb 2.0 port...but I don’t have any! Is there any work around for this? Thank you in advance! 
3 REPLIES 3

vabchgent
Protege
You may want to try an external powered 3.0 USB hub . When you start adding more to the USB bus it tends to get bogged down power wise. External 3.0 USB will come with a separate power supply for the USB ports. the link below is an example of one 
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Port-2-5A-power-adapter/dp/B00DQFGH80

Good luck 

chasemm18
Honored Guest
Thank you!!!

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you get a USB 2.0 extension cable, it will run at USB 2.0 speed. Try to stay short with the cable, no longer than 10 feet (3 meters).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?