cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help getting support for controller with stick drift.

SmokinDeist
Honored Guest

My left controller has developed severe stick drift (6 o'clock position on the stick). I have filed a support ticket but I'm not getting any real response so far. This is keeping me from playing my Quest 2 and I admit it is very frustrating.

I have un-paired and re-paired the controller. I have also set a rather substantial dead zone but that is more of a work-around than a real fix. I bought my Quest 2 in November last year. I have sent a PDF copy of my Amazon receipt but I can supply it as needed. 

I am not sure if you guys need the Serial Number for my Quest 2 or the remote. I have been trying to supply the controller's SN. I may be doing things wrong here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Looks like we sent back information this evening. Can you please respond back to the agent that is assisting you, so that they know what they asked of you has yet to resolve your issue.

We recommend this to keep things efficient and streamlined for you.

Please reach out to us for any additional questions and concerns. Your experience is very important to us.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Looks like we sent back information this evening. Can you please respond back to the agent that is assisting you, so that they know what they asked of you has yet to resolve your issue.

We recommend this to keep things efficient and streamlined for you.

Please reach out to us for any additional questions and concerns. Your experience is very important to us.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

SmokinDeist
Honored Guest

Thanks for the response. I'll get to work on this.

Hi,

My left controller is also drifting, for 3 months now, can't solve it. I have taken out the batteries for 15 minutes, that did not work. I thoroughly cleaned the joystick while moving, with a cloth and by blowing.

It shows that there is an accepted solution in this topic, but I can't find it.

I would like help getting my controller to work properly so I can play my games again. 

Hey there! That's not what we like to hear for our customers. We'd love to help you.

We appreciate you troubleshooting before reaching out to us. Could you please reach out to us at Support HERE for that one on one experience.

Ryanoss634
Honored Guest

Same for me i have the same problem and i dont know what to do 

Hey hey @Ryanoss634! Stick drift is never fun. I've got some troubleshooting you can try here first (if you haven't yet):

• Remove the controller batteries for at least 10 minutes, then replace with new batteries.
  • Increase the dead zones of the controller until the drift is no longer an issue/noticeable:
    • Go to Settings
    • Go to Hands and Controllers Settings
    • Select Controllers in the left menu
    • Next to Thumbstick range and dead zone, select the joystick which is having issue
    • Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones
  • When powering on your controllers, ensure that the Analog sticks aren't being held in any direction and are at rest in the neutral position.

If you're still having problems with drift after trying all of that, you're going to want to open up a support ticket by going here: https://metaque.st/Support

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!