cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Games/Apps won't install

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am unable to install new games. What happens is I click install, it goes all the way to 100%, and then it's like it was never installed. The app shows up in the manifest folder but nowhere else. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Oculus a few times and I also tried repairing it. 
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Make sure your game library directory is NOT in C:/Program Files, or any other restricted Windows folder. It should be in E:/RiftGames or something like that (base folder, no spaces or non-English characters). Anti-virus can block Oculus installs, specifically MalwareBytes and McAfee are known to have issues (probably others too). I would check those things first.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

stayinwonderland
Explorer
I have the same problem. I noticed that it seemed to be installed in C drive so I physically deleted that folder. But that did nothing. It only lets me install it, not play. And the install happens in less than a minute, implying that it's already installed - if that makes sense.

EDIT: I also noticed that it was installed on my D drive with all the other apps. So I removed it from there, installed again and THIS time it let me open the app fine.