cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New iphone connected but not sending text notifications

TrillianK
Level 2

Hi there,

I upgraded to an iPhone 12 mini recently from an iPhone 8 and now I don't get text or phone notifications. I have "forgotten" device, re-paired it a number of times, turned BT on and off again, it connects (apparently) to the phone (the oculus app at least) but I used to get the "phone connected" message when starting up, ever since the phone switch I don't anymore. I have all the notification permissions checked off as yes. Nothing.
I had thought to delete and reinstall the app on my new phone but, it says all data will go too and tbh I really don't want that (let alone setting it all up again, though i will do it if need be should my data/settings come back). It was a VERY important aspect for me as I tend to be in VR for at least 2 hours at a time and also need to be able to receive phone notifications.
PLEASE HELP! ๐Ÿ˜ž

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for posting about this TrillianK! We'd love to provide some assistance with your notifications issue.

Check here ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿปโ€ for all the details on iOS notifications in your headset.

Phone notifications on Meta Quest headsets | Meta Store (facebook.com)

To have this feature work make sure you have enabled "Notification Previews" in your iOS Settings app under "Notifications". The notifications must also be enabled for the Lock Screen as well.

We hope this information helps ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿปโ€.