cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New laptop (razer blade 14) Oculus Home won't start

rhamphorhynchan
Explorer

Hi,

I've been using my Rift and Quest 2 with my old PC for a while, so they're both in working order, but when connecting to my new laptop I can't get anything to appear in-headset. The Oculus application runs, and connects to either device correctly, showing no errors, but in the Quest 2 I get just the three dots indicating please wait (with either USB or WiFi), and the Rift is just black. Other applications work ok (running with the GPU correctly). I have windows 11 fully updated, and the latest nvidia drivers. There are a ton of errors in the Oculus logs, but I don't know what's relevant. Any help appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey rhamphorhynchan! I'd recommend first verifying that your new laptop is compatible with the Oculus Link requirements, which can be found here.

If you've verified compatibility, please submit a support ticket with us here so we can review those logs for you and determine the cause! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey rhamphorhynchan! I'd recommend first verifying that your new laptop is compatible with the Oculus Link requirements, which can be found here.

If you've verified compatibility, please submit a support ticket with us here so we can review those logs for you and determine the cause! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks, it's definitely compatible, and I wouldn't need Oculus Link for the Rift anyway. I'll submit a ticket this evening.

rhamphorhynchan
Explorer

Problem was Oculus binding to the integrated graphics, instead of the 3070. Wasn't able to force it using Nvidia's application (that seems to be more of a suggestion). Instead, had to disable the integrated graphics using Device Manager. Not a great solution, but hopefully some future driver update will resolve it properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem and fixed it by updating the Radeon drivers.  See my response to the following post:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Quest-2-and-Quest/Razer-Blade-14-2021-and-Quest-2-not-working-...