Protege
Hi all,

Just got my (re)build mini itx system with the following key components:
-Nzxt manta case
-i7 8700K
-Nzxt Kraken x62 liquid cpu cooler
-16G Gskill Trident 3200 memory
-Be Quiet 680W power supply
-AsRock Z370M-ITX/ac mb (6 usb 3.1 ports)
-MSI GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC
-Win 10

Unfortunately I'm unable to finish the Oculus setup.  HMD hdmi/usb OK and Touch 3.0 confirmed during setup.  However, when the soft requests to sync the left touch controller I get an error that the connection to the HMD has been lost (reboot needed to give it another try).

I have already disabled usb power saving settings, reinstalled the Oculus software and downgraded the nvidia driver.

Ticket was raised with Oculus and I'm waiting for feedback on system diagnostics I provided.

Not sure what else to try....

PhenixS

26 REPLIES 26

PhenixS1970
Protege
Hi, attached you'll find the Log Gatherer I sent to Oculus yesterday.  I'll run the setup log tonight.  Thank you for your support.

cybereality
Grand Champion
It appears like a network security or permissions issue. I see errors such as:

Could not resolve host: graph.oculus.com
Failed to open file: The system cannot find the path specified.

I would disable firewall and anti-virus software. You may have to uninstall and reinstall Oculus. Be sure that you DO NOT use run as admin with the Oculus setup, as this will mess up the permissions. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

PhenixS1970
Protege
Disabled all, uninstalled and reinstalled oculus software.

At first hdmi ok, headset usb 3.0 ok, sensor usb 3.0 ok and sensor 2.0 ok (despite in 3.0 slot)

Again when trying to sync left touch HMD disconnect msg.  Going back in the software the headset hdmi keeps on searching for a hdmi connection.  Even unplugging hdmi and inserting again doesn't change a thing.

PhenixS1970
Protege
Maybe important to know is that this (re)build was done at a pc hardware retailer.  It seems that they just moved the ssd with windows 10 to this mb and previously win 10 was installed with a Asus maximus impact vi mb.  Had to renew my win license for this pc.

LZoltowski
Champion
I know it sounds dodgy, have you ever used iobit's driver downloader? https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

I use it from time to time as windows don't seem to pull newer drivers through. Install it, let ti do its thing and then uninstall as it can get naggy.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
And you obviously installed all the drivers from the mobo manufacturers website right?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
I have a feeling you have a dodgy USB controller driver somewhere that might have carried over from the previous setup.

Be kind to one another 🙂

PhenixS1970
Protege
Actually, I did no installs as I got the pc back yesterday.  All I did was reinstall Oculas as I was eager to get into Rift again 🙂 and activate the win license (but the pc won't shut down or restart via win so must be something wrong here).

PhenixS1970
Protege
You may be onto something as when I plugged in a usb drive it was not recognized till after a shutdown/on.

PhenixS1970
Protege
Might as well go for a clean win 10 install....pc is exclusively used for gaming.