cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie...

joyce.kimsey1
Honored Guest

Hi    I tried my friend's Oculus Quest 2 and really want to buy one now. My problem is for 1 I don't have a Smartphone, Do I really need one to set up? And 2. I have a Mac computer, as well as an iPad... can I download the Oculus app from either of those. I do have wifi, and I do have a FB account. HELP!   thanks much   🐵

2 REPLIES 2

kojack
MVP
MVP

The download page on apple.com for the Oculus app says it's ipad compatible.

As long as you have ios 10 or above, bluetooth and an internet connection it should work.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Joyce, glad to hear you love the Quest 2 just like us! A smartphone is required for initial set-up, but besides that it's not a requirement and the headset can perform as a standalone device. An iPad may work to set up the device, but we do recommend using a smartphone. If possible, see if a friend or family member may be willing to loan theirs to you to complete setup!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?