cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Device Attached

swlu
Level 3
Have been trying to troubleshoot for the last few hours and am coming up empty. Finally got the firmware to update but when I open the Config it still says "No Device Attached". Orange light is on, and blue light on camera flashes quickly when I plug that in. I'm on Windows 7 64bit. When I switch to extended it does show up in the Rift. So it seems the computer is seeing the Rift and camera, but the Config isn't. I've already tried most of the basics....different USB ports, no USB hubs connected, replugging everything, reinstalling runtime... Ideas??

EDIT: Camera now working! Strangely, original powered USB hub did the trick. Still "No Device Attached" in Config, but full positional tracking working in SDK 0.3 compiled demos.

EDIT 2: Here is a list of all working 0.3 demos with full positional tracking even if u have "NDA". Also, your device should show up in the 0.3.2 ConfigUtility as a DK2.

Couch Knights
DCS World (u may encounter known AMD 'black screen')
Elite Dangerous
Millenium Falcon Experience
Radial G (no positional in v1.2)
Rift Park
Technolust Beta
Tuscany from SDK 0.3.2
VR Chat
World Of Diving
357 REPLIES 357

sisyphe
Level 2
Same issue. Firmware correctly update, OVR service is running, but the device is not recognized.

My setup :
Windows 8.1 x64 (6.3, v9600)
NVidia Geforce Titan

N.B : I already had a DK1 installed on my computer. Maybe the old drivers can create a conflict ?

Darhkwing
Level 2
Disconnected for me. Spent two hours and no joy.

Tried several things.

Dracul13007
Level 2
Already a dk1 to 🙂

cybereality
Level 16
DK1 did not install drivers, so I don't think that's the issue.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Pad
Level 2
Same as described above. Firmware correctly update, OVR service is running, but the device is not recognized.

sisyphe
Level 2
"cybereality" wrote:

I thought that maybe there could be something like a dll conflict or whatever ^^

Another strange thing (maybe intended) : I can't properly kill the x64 OVR service process. It automatically relaunches after 2 or 3 seconds.

Dino
Level 2
"matus" wrote:
I get the error on my workstation but I additionally tested on a lenovo laptop and had exactly the same problem. I will try one more machine tomorrow...

Same here, just tested on a laptop that has nothing in common with my PC (Windows 7 64 vs Vista 32, i5 vs core2duo, not my laptop so none of my usual software, no logitech, no DK1 install, ...) and the problem is exactly the same, scary.
Hope it's not a faulty unit :s
Here's a DxDiag for my desktop :

densohax
Level 3
"sisyphe" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:

I thought that maybe there could be something like a dll conflict or whatever ^^

Another strange thing (maybe intended) : I can't properly kill the x64 OVR service process. It automatically relaunches after 2 or 3 seconds.

Yeah there's a vbscript that restarts the service, because for some reason, they expected that it would constantly crash.

Dino
Level 2
You can prevent this by terminating the wscript.exe process too

swlu
Level 3
"sisyphe" wrote:

u need to also kill wscript. Then if u want it to automatically update again u need to drag the service onto "Launch & Restart".