cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Device Attached

swlu
Explorer
Have been trying to troubleshoot for the last few hours and am coming up empty. Finally got the firmware to update but when I open the Config it still says "No Device Attached". Orange light is on, and blue light on camera flashes quickly when I plug that in. I'm on Windows 7 64bit. When I switch to extended it does show up in the Rift. So it seems the computer is seeing the Rift and camera, but the Config isn't. I've already tried most of the basics....different USB ports, no USB hubs connected, replugging everything, reinstalling runtime... Ideas??

EDIT: Camera now working! Strangely, original powered USB hub did the trick. Still "No Device Attached" in Config, but full positional tracking working in SDK 0.3 compiled demos.

EDIT 2: Here is a list of all working 0.3 demos with full positional tracking even if u have "NDA". Also, your device should show up in the 0.3.2 ConfigUtility as a DK2.

Couch Knights
DCS World (u may encounter known AMD 'black screen')
Elite Dangerous
Millenium Falcon Experience
Radial G (no positional in v1.2)
Rift Park
Technolust Beta
Tuscany from SDK 0.3.2
VR Chat
World Of Diving
357 REPLIES 357

termdec
Honored Guest
So bizarre that the issues seems to show up with the same Rifts on multiple machines, pointing to a hardware issue, and yet they work fine with .3.2 and seem to have most of the functionality

Anyone at Oculus:
Do you have one of these malfunctioning units available that you can test? I'm not going to drive out to Irvine or Ontario, but if you have an LA office I could swing by and drop mine off, I'm not doing much else with it

Dracul13007
Honored Guest
"Killerregenwurm" wrote:
Hey,

I got the same error using win7x64 pro as user with no admin rights. I am able to start C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Service\OVRService_x64.exe with admin rights before starting the oculus manager and everything seems to work fine.

Hope there is a better solution than to start this every time...

greetings

No working here 😞

kain039
Honored Guest
"Pad" wrote:
Whether or not the process or config util have admin rights I still get No Device Detected

EDIT: I have mine plugged in to power supply too

The same for me

Killerregenwurm
Honored Guest
unfortunately it seems that my cpu does not support SSE4.1 also and this will produce the crash if the camera tries to detect something...
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10994&hilit=service+not+available&start=80

kain039
Honored Guest
"Killerregenwurm" wrote:
unfortunately it seems that my cpu does not support SSE4.1 also and this will produce the crash if the camera tries to detect something...
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10994&hilit=service+not+available&start=80

Mine support it but "No Device Attached"

Darhkwing
Honored Guest
Well I managed to force the firmware but still says device not attached.

quadjojo
Honored Guest
hmm, any news from Oculus on that Problem?
Cyber, u there?

Dracul13007
Honored Guest
Yes, our problem is more important to treat than other, rift does not work at all :cry:

kain039
Honored Guest
i wish this bug will be in their priority

CocoaPriest
Honored Guest
Guys @ Oculus: better say something (that you're working on it), don't ignore our problem! It seems a lot of folks have this issue.
Really, not the best experience on the day 1... 😞