cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Device Attached

swlu
Explorer
Have been trying to troubleshoot for the last few hours and am coming up empty. Finally got the firmware to update but when I open the Config it still says "No Device Attached". Orange light is on, and blue light on camera flashes quickly when I plug that in. I'm on Windows 7 64bit. When I switch to extended it does show up in the Rift. So it seems the computer is seeing the Rift and camera, but the Config isn't. I've already tried most of the basics....different USB ports, no USB hubs connected, replugging everything, reinstalling runtime... Ideas??

EDIT: Camera now working! Strangely, original powered USB hub did the trick. Still "No Device Attached" in Config, but full positional tracking working in SDK 0.3 compiled demos.

EDIT 2: Here is a list of all working 0.3 demos with full positional tracking even if u have "NDA". Also, your device should show up in the 0.3.2 ConfigUtility as a DK2.

Couch Knights
DCS World (u may encounter known AMD 'black screen')
Elite Dangerous
Millenium Falcon Experience
Radial G (no positional in v1.2)
Rift Park
Technolust Beta
Tuscany from SDK 0.3.2
VR Chat
World Of Diving
357 REPLIES 357

Rivet
Honored Guest
I have the same problem, also win 7 64bit, tried a couple of different things, nothing worked, but I ripped my finger open on that plastic cover, because I thought the USB Caple is the problem. I can use the rift as a display with no headtracking whatsoever, instant headache ! Will leave it stored away till their is a fix, exams are around the corner and I don't want to drive myself mad.

Vortex
Protege
I might have found something out:
If I hold down the powe button for a few seconds, the LED turn blue and the config utility recognizes the rift. However after a few seconds it goes back to the old error message and windows plays its "device disconnected" sound.

kaelsiemion
Honored Guest
"Rivet" wrote:
I have the same problem, also win 7 64bit, tried a couple of different things, nothing worked, but I ripped my finger open on that plastic cover, because I thought the USB Caple is the problem. I can use the rift as a display with no headtracking whatsoever, instant headache ! Will leave it stored away till their is a fix, exams are around the corner and I don't want to drive myself mad.

Yea, that gave me a weird headache as well, also felt like it would take my eyes some time to be able to focus correctly again.

kain039
Honored Guest
"Vortex" wrote:
I might have found something out:
If I hold down the powe button for a few seconds, the LED turn blue and the config utility recognizes the rift. However after a few seconds it goes back to the old error message and windows plays its "device disconnected" sound.

Hi i try it but for me it doesn t work

Cimpy101
Honored Guest
I'm having the same problem on my computer. No device detected. Windows 7. My wifes computer works....ok. Every other frame renders black. Going to try updating her video card drivers.I updated the firmware and it still remains undetectable on my main pc

TheVividLight
Honored Guest
Same issue here with both my DK2's -- so its not a faulty rift (unless I am extraordinarily unlucky).

Windows 8.1
Geforce 780Ti
Geforce 660Ti (dedicated (also tried non-dedicated) Nvidia PhysX Card)
Also tried on-board Intel HD4000 graphics

rift has orange light, not recognized by pc. positional tracking camera is recognized in device manager

-------------

Let me know if i can provide any more information. DK1 worked like a charm on this PC.

mindfulmachine
Sightseer
Update:
1. Was able to get Couch Knights to work with camera tracking by Task Manager > OVRService_x64 >End Process just a second before clicking the Couch Knights file....

2. Still 'No Device Attached' in config util

Points to runtime software issue rather than hardware issue.

Dracul13007
Honored Guest
I have the traking for Couch Knight but the rift is still off...Same for you ?

TheVividLight
Honored Guest
I FOUND A FIX... FOR BOTH OF MY DK2'S......

used a different hmdi cable bypassing the built in one (tried on both rifts). 100% success. what the hell?

Cimpy101
Honored Guest
"thevividlight" wrote:
I FOUND A FIX... FOR BOTH OF MY DK2'S......

used a different hmdi cable bypassing the built in one (tried on both rifts). 100% success. what the hell?

I tried another cable and it did not work for me.

EDIT: Fixed mine! For whatever reason HDMI doesn't work at all for me. Used the Adapter and it works! Would prefer it worked through HDMI so i dont have to unplug.