cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No HDMI Connection on Oculus Rift

Anti-Matt
Honored Guest

I recently purchased a new graphics card which was a RTX 3050 and had an original Oculus Rift that was never opened. I recently went to set up my Oculus Rift and as I was setting it up, I connected both of the sensors successfully, but the HDMI cannot be found. I tried restarting the app and my computer and made sure that both HDMI ports were working and were plugged into the dedicated graphics GPU. I have search online and seen that other users have had this problem and could also not find a solution. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem...

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Anti-Matt! We would love to get your Rift connected to your PC! Please make sure of the following:

• Are there any bends or kinks in your cable? If so let us know and we can look into possible options available to you!
  • Are your graphics drivers up-to-date? You can follow the links for Nvidia and AMD to find your specific card to find the most up-to-date drivers!
  • Are you using any adapter? Adapters can prohibit the connection from establishing.

Please follow the steps here to hopefully resolve the this issue:

Please repair the Oculus PC application- 

1. Download and run the Oculus Installation Software, (https://www.oculus.com/setup/#rift-s-setup)
  2. You will see a screen which says "Already Installed".
  3. Click the "Repair" option, and confirm again on the next screen.

Next, please update your graphics driver: 

1. Close the Oculus app
  2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command
  3. Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers
  4. Open oculus-driver
  5. Open the Oculus app and then try to connect your headset again

We hope this helps! Please let us know if these steps prove useful in getting your Rift to connect properly! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!