cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Option to Enable Link Cable

BeChuille
Explorer

Hi everyone. I have a Quest 2 and this KIWI link cable. I have an Acer Nitro 5, Windows 11 with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 video card. I checked the Steam VR test and it says my laptop is perfectly capable of running VR. When I plug the cable in, it asks me to give permission for the laptop to access data, saying 'the connected device will be able to access files on this headset,' so it seems that the cable is working. What it's not doing is synchronising with the Oculus app on my laptop. When my brother plugs his in, it takes him to a white room and he can access the games on his computer through that. This doesn't happen for me. I saw a video that said you can enable the link cable manually on the headset by going into settings, device, and 'enable Oculus link,' below tracking, but this option doesn't appear for me. I can't find it. When I look in the Oculus app, under devices, it's showing the headset with a red light. It shows green for 'connected,' red for 'no headset audio,' and no lights under left touch/right touch, which just say 'off' even though they're working fine. Anyone know what's going on and why I can't link properly? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BeChuille
Explorer

So, the problem is that the latest VR headset isn’t compatible with the latest version of Windows. They sent me the following. Total pile of pants. Do I revert back to Windows 10 or hope that Oculus step up and fix this sometime soon?

---

We understand you're trying to connect your headset to your laptop. Although your laptop may be compatible, at this time, Windows 11 is not yet supported with our Oculus PC software. We know this may not be the answer you were hoping for, but that is the likely cause of the issues you're having with connecting your devices.

We don't have a timeline on when Windows 11 will be supported, but our team is working on it so everyone can enjoy PCVR smoothly. You can check our website and blog for updates on this and other topics. We will be sure to let everyone know when this has been resolved. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

BigMikeG1
Honored Guest

I am having this issue as well. I only have an option for Air Link. Noticed this started the other day when the Quest 2 updated. Would like to know the answer to this as well.

BeChuille
Explorer

I thought I read somewhere that Oculus link cables don't work with Windows 11, but that can't be true? I'm running Windows 11 and if I can't use the cable with it, I need to return it for a refund. But why would the latest VR headset not be compatible with the latest version of Windows? 🤔

Well i can verify its not working with windows 10. So its not just a windows 11 issue. As a matter of fact. Air link is only working if i plug the cable in. 

Strongit
Heroic Explorer

I discovered by accident that the quest only allows one or the other.  If you want to use a link cable to need to turn off air link in the options first then plug it in.

Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

BeChuille
Explorer

Ooh, thanks. I'll give it a go if I can find out where to do that, but apparently link cables don't work with Windows 11 yet? And please don't ask me why I installed Windows 11. Every day brings regret... 😔

It might be it is not the fault of the cable......oculus is saying their app don't work with windows 11 yet.

JurzKid
Explorer

So i did a factory reset and it started working again. My guess is that the last update is what created the problem. Instead of making customers think they have broken things they should be more responsive of these things. I find it hard to believe they don't know of the issue and how it started. Playing dumb gives them time before the next update. 

BeChuille
Explorer

So, the problem is that the latest VR headset isn’t compatible with the latest version of Windows. They sent me the following. Total pile of pants. Do I revert back to Windows 10 or hope that Oculus step up and fix this sometime soon?

---

We understand you're trying to connect your headset to your laptop. Although your laptop may be compatible, at this time, Windows 11 is not yet supported with our Oculus PC software. We know this may not be the answer you were hoping for, but that is the likely cause of the issues you're having with connecting your devices.

We don't have a timeline on when Windows 11 will be supported, but our team is working on it so everyone can enjoy PCVR smoothly. You can check our website and blog for updates on this and other topics. We will be sure to let everyone know when this has been resolved. 

Just out of curiosity. Did you do a factory reset on the Oculus? Because the same problem was happening with Win 10 after the most recent Oculus update. After i reset everything worked fine.  Win 11 is not compatible with a lot of things still. But i cant imagine how such a simple thing would be an issue.