cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sound from Rift Headphones after Playing a few Minutes

Oimann
Level 3

Hi,

i have the Problem, that the Sound of my Rift Headphones doenst work after some time. When I start Oculus Home the Sound out of the Headphones is fine. Somtimes after 5 Minutes, sometimes after 1 hour, the Headphones stop working. If i restart Oculus Home, the Sound is back again. Using my own Headphones with my Soundcard, there is no Problem.

Is this a known issue? Any work around to fix it?  

88 REPLIES 88

TFWPrimus
Level 3
I seem to be having the same problem. The last time this happened, I noticed that I got a text notification on my smart watch at the exact same time. I know the HMD has some kind of bluetooth. I suppose it's possible that it's some kind of conflict related to that, although it's probably just a coincidence.

sphereness
Level 2
I have the same issue. Is there a way to fix it, except unplugging the CV1 USB cable?

Going back to home gives me a "Audio change detected" message, but I didn't change anything.

After accepting the changes the audio switches from the CV1 headphones to my speakers. It seems the CV1 lost the audio feed, but not the video and tracking... mmm...

TFWPrimus
Level 3
I've seen some videos where within Windows you can duplicate your audio output to go to multiple devices like Rift and speakers and then you can just turn the speakers off. I'm not sure if this works or not though. I'm going to try tonight but this is really frustrating. I've seen many people with audio issues but almost nothing from Oculus on this 😞

Zonetripper
Level 2
I have the same problem on my system. 

galafasanta
Level 2
Me as well 😞

vindar
Level 3
I am also having problems with the sound from the headset. It randomly stops working until I reboot oculus home. Especially in Farlands.

olejorgenb
Level 2
I also have similar problems. I have tried most possible configuration permutations of settings inside oculus home and windows "playback devices". When the sound is gone its GONE. No sound from non-vr applications either. And the windows volume control does not show any response either.

It does not work changing to external speakers either ("playback devices"). (from within vr. Non-vr application regain sound that way)

Anwar89
Level 2
I have the same issue, i can play for a few minutes or even longer but then the sound will completely cut out, only way i get it back is by restarting oculus all together or disabling and then enabling the rift audio in playback devices, need help, please Oculus, we need a fix 😞
Thank you!

Percy1983
Level 9
I was getting a few audio problems and audio cut outs, I swapped the headset to another usb3 port and all was fixed.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w