cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No rewards after using the referral program

Excellion
Explorer

Hi,

I've recently refered my friend prior to him getting the Meta Quest 2. I've sent him my code a day before he got the quest, since I'm aware that you need to do this before him he first uses it (activating the device).

After he registered via the link, I've asked him to double check the link again. At this point the link gave us the message: "This account has already accepted a referral". So it seems the referral was successful.

I know I get my credit 30 days later, but my friend has also not received his store credit yet. This makes me believe something hasn't registered properly, and I assume I will not receive mine either after 30 days.

Let me know what you need in order to get hit fixed. I can send you our details in a private message.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Excellion, we love hearing you are sharing the awesomeness of VR with a friend! Our referral program is pretty awesome, and we are more than happy to help make sure you and your friend get those credits to have even more fun in VR.

It sounds like you both have done everything right! You're right that it can take up to 30 days for you to get your credit. It can also take up to 7 days for your referred friend to see theirs! That being said, we want to make sure we do what we can to make sure everything is going right, and help you if it isn't.

When you go into your mobile app and navigate to the referral page (the diamond icon), do you see your friend listed there? There should be a little progress bar that shows how far in the process your referral is. If it shows that it's in progress and it hasn't been 7 days since your friend activated their headset, we'd suggest waiting those 7 days first! If it's been longer than that, or if you have any other concerns about it at all, go ahead and send us a PM so we can get some info and get this all figured out!

To contact us via PM, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Appreciate it.

I gave my friend a referral link on the 15th of June and if I remember correctly, he activated his Q2 three days after that. So that would make today the 9th day. If it makes any difference, I didn't use the app to send him the link but just copy/pasted the URL using this page.

If I check the app, I don't see any progress back. The only thing I see is the screenshot below (I've removed the lower part, that lists my contacts un suggested). That's also the exact refer URL I sent to my friend (except copied from the page mentioned earlier).

tempFileForShare_20220627-213219.jpg

Let me know if you need additional info.

Thank you for providing this. We will need to gather a couple more pieces which would be best handled over PM as it will be some sensitive information. 

To do this, select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Keep in mind, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Di_lara
Protege

Same here 🖐

Di_lara
Protege

I have exactly the same experience right now.

Hey Di_lara! We'd love to help out! Please send us a private message so we can collect some personal account information. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

I send a pm 🙂

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?